Anticipation / ball placement

Advertisement
Funny you should make this post - his accuracy is the one question mark I still have about him as an NFL prospect.

He's got very good College accuracy (invariably hits the open man in stride). I'd have to pour over his film to see if he's NFL accurate.

No complaints on Cam at all! Only bad throws (not bad reads) he has made since he been with us was the deep ball to George against UF and yesterday with CJJ deep ball.

Advertisement
I know everyone gets caught up in who has the big arm , who’s the great athlete and all the physical tangibles qb’s have. But the areas i always pay attention to are accuracy , anticipation and ball placement. Below is the go ball to Sam Brown between the safety and corner. When the ball is thrown the cb is in perfect position and Brown is a step from being even. When the ball arrives he’s 3-4 yards behind the cb and has won the matchup.

Most fans won’t pick things up like this or the eye manipulation Cam uses. You can tell he’s a proven , vet with confidence how casual he side steps rusher while keeping eyes down field. I saw this a few times where a defender was breathing down his neck. So many small things make this guy special.

Lastly Cam brings a confidence and a swag to the team , **** even the fans. At no point did I feel like we were in danger last night. It’s almost like he brings a calmness to everyone. As long as you have a dude like this with good team talent you’ll have a fighters chance. No matter the opponent.
I mean y ah it's a special throw, cause he's throwing to spot of windows within identified zone coverage and not players, that's what makes this pass that much better.

And while if he did only that he wouldn't be that great of a QB, but he CAN do that while having great pocket presence, and he's got an arm and accuracy against man coverage as well.

Not to beat a dead horse, but TVD he couldn't throw to windows and that was his downfall, hence people dropping 7-8 into coverage and he was euchred.

Not gonna lie, just seems like this just genuinely love the game, loves the camaraderie and studying the game, he just happens to have a special are and knack for pocket presence, put it all together, Killa Can is what you got.

Advertisement
I know everyone gets caught up in who has the big arm , who’s the great athlete and all the physical tangibles qb’s have. But the areas i always pay attention to are accuracy , anticipation and ball placement. Below is the go ball to Sam Brown between the safety and corner. When the ball is thrown the cb is in perfect position and Brown is a step from being even. When the ball arrives he’s 3-4 yards behind the cb and has won the matchup.

Most fans won’t pick things up like this or the eye manipulation Cam uses. You can tell he’s a proven , vet with confidence how casual he side steps rusher while keeping eyes down field. I saw this a few times where a defender was breathing down his neck. So many small things make this guy special.

Lastly Cam brings a confidence and a swag to the team , **** even the fans. At no point did I feel like we were in danger last night. It’s almost like he brings a calmness to everyone. As long as you have a dude like this with good team talent you’ll have a fighters chance. No matter the opponent.

Is it just me - or did I see Cam talking **** to opposing players - just like our Bad Boys of our past?

That's old school Miami stuff right there!

Skill, talent, attitude - and getting in someone's grill and talking ****. Gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling!

Cam's ball placement is **** near perfect every throw, hello George I'm speaking to you. He leads the receiver perfectly, setting them up for YAC and not getting destroyed by a LB or DB

Advertisement
My main, general takeaways:

1. He wasn’t at his best last night, and he threw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs. If Jacoby George catches a perfectly thrown ball with no one near him that he catches 98 times out of 100 and if they don’t completely rob him of a TD on the Horton play, he goes for nearly 500 yards and at least 4 TDs and 0 picks. Read that again. To me, he wasn’t as accurate as he usually is, and STILL could have hit for close to 500 and 4. Just absurd.

2. His pocket presence is some of the best I’ve ever seen. I really think this comes from playing behind a god awful line for so long. He’s learned to deal with pressure because he got it basically every snap the last 2 years. And he’s now 23 years old with 48 starts in a system he’s very comfortable in, so he’s seen everything and trusts everyone around him. What you get is a DC’s nightmare. You can’t get the guy on the ground, and not because he’s Josh Allen big or Lamar Jackson quick. It’s because he knows exactly where all 11 are at all times, and has an incredible ability to feel the rush, subtly evade it, and hit the vacated area. It’s incredible. Guys come off the edge and he just slides and keeps his eyes downfield and makes the defense pay with a perfectly accurate ball. It’s absolutely amazing to watch a college QB with that kind of feel for the game. He’s never rushed, he never panics. It’s just Ok you came clean, no problem, I’ll step away and hit someone in the chest. So fun for that guy to be on your team.

Advertisement
I mean we punted once and then George dropped a ball that wound up getting picked. Otherwise we scored every drive. I guarantee if George doesn’t drop that we get at least 3 there. He might have been gone too.

Not making an excuse for the drop but we need to get George healthy. He been limping off the field all season so far. We can't lose his deep and screen game.

Not making an excuse for the drop but we need to get George healthy. He been limping off the field all season so far. We can't lose his deep and screen game.
He messed his ankle up on that td against Ball State. I think it was friendly fire. With Horton being very reliable and Brown having a big confidence game we will see if they limited George until he’s healthyish.

Advertisement
Back