Anticipation / ball placement

Cribby

All-American
Premium
I know everyone gets caught up in who has the big arm , who’s the great athlete and all the physical tangibles qb’s have. But the areas i always pay attention to are accuracy , anticipation and ball placement. Below is the go ball to Sam Brown between the safety and corner. When the ball is thrown the cb is in perfect position and Brown is a step from being even. When the ball arrives he’s 3-4 yards behind the cb and has won the matchup.

Most fans won’t pick things up like this or the eye manipulation Cam uses. You can tell he’s a proven , vet with confidence how casual he side steps rusher while keeping eyes down field. I saw this a few times where a defender was breathing down his neck. So many small things make this guy special.

Lastly Cam brings a confidence and a swag to the team , **** even the fans. At no point did I feel like we were in danger last night. It’s almost like he brings a calmness to everyone. As long as you have a dude like this with good team talent you’ll have a fighters chance. No matter the opponent.

Attachments

• IMG_4037.png
    IMG_4037.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4036.png
    IMG_4036.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's special in so many ways. But I feel his most elite trait is his field awareness. Cam seems to know where all 22 chess pieces, including himself or course, are in real time.
Him sliding in the pocket feeling pressure is next level. This isn’t some guy playing in a gimmick offense with easy throws. He’s making big boy reads and throws more than a lot of guys on Sundays. Which is another conversation. Some of the worst qb play I’ve ever seen at the nfl level.

His ball placement is excellent (pause). His touch is phenomenal. Anticipation is amazing - both of the pass rush and throwing guys open like Cribby mentioned. On top of all that, he brings the demeanor that everyone has mentioned. Then watching him talk mierda to the defense, telling them where we are gonna run the ball; then shoving it up their…. nose.

HE IS HIM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Excellent post.

Cam has elite of the elite traits. Probably the best I have seen since Burrow in College.

In addition to the OP, his pre- snap recognition, post snap ability to go through progressions quickly and knowing how to hold the safety to fit in balls is something you don't see at this level often.

6 QBs drafted in the first round and I didn't see a combination of these traits in a single one of them.

Enjoy him while we have him because this level of talented signal callers don't come around often.

I hate Disney/ ESPN so much

Look at this ****. They got 4k cameras filming this **** but they pass it 7x through the potato machine to serve this dog**** to its paying customers.

1727043414409.png

If you didn't watch college football you would have no idea who was playing or what was even happening from this image.

Advertisement
Back