Anthony Moten on 24/7

Advertisement
3-4 DE at STA. I expect the same for him at Miami.

I think he fills the Chick role do you agree? I think if his weight and strength come along he can slide inside at times depending on our personnel.

No matter what, he's a kid we need. Can't lose him to FSU.

I think the Chick role makes some sense even though Chick has a slimmer frame but Moten should still be versatile enough to make it work great

Right, Moten will come on to campus further along physically than Chick was but I see some similarities.

I think he fills the Chick role do you agree? I think if his weight and strength come along he can slide inside at times depending on our personnel.

I think the Chick role makes some sense even though Chick has a slimmer frame but Moten should still be versatile enough to make it work great

Right, Moten will come on to campus further along physically than Chick was but I see some similarities.

Yeah, I wish he was an ee too but by his sophmore year he can be a beast there with a year or 2 of UTough

Advertisement
I'm worried, FSU is right down the street so his family can still watch him play....

Moten is the dt they wanted pierre to be, guy who can bring a pass rush from inside. He is 292 will end up at 300-305. Chad will play the chick roll once he is up to 270.They want the sde in the 275-290 range.

Advertisement
I'm starting to like this new sta coach. Picking up right where ole George smith left off. We might not get all the ones we want but we will get enough of them to satisfy me.

Can't wait until schools like MiaCen follow suit.

Agreed.

Nah, he takes Pierre's role, C Thomas is gonna take Chickillo's role. I agree on sliding inside in a 4-3, but we only do that with Chickillo, because thats all we got not because its ideal.

Yup, a future starting DL of Thomas-Valentine-Moten is what a Miami DL should look like.

Wyche?

Oh he will play and start next year, that is my starting line up for 16' when they are upperclassmen and utterly decimating the opposition. I think we are gonna be very very good the next couple of years, but we wont have a true dominant team til this class and its DL are 3 years in. Obviously a player like Wyche, Stuckey and possibly Pelon can take us over the top, but those three are exactly what makes a team dominant. You win 10 games easily just based on how their talent would affect a game. Think UF last year when they won with all that doo doo talent of offense. A dominant DL will mask other problems on both defense and offense, but now Im ramblin, already drunk for the game.......

Agreed.

Nah, he takes Pierre's role, C Thomas is gonna take Chickillo's role. I agree on sliding inside in a 4-3, but we only do that with Chickillo, because thats all we got not because its ideal.

Right I mean I guess I am saying Chick because he's been much more noticeable out there

Advertisement

Agreed.

Right I mean I guess I am saying Chick because he's been much more noticeable out there

Word, Im just sayin, Moten just fits in so perfectly into our 3-4, I feel like he is almost a tweaner in a 4-3. Not only does he bring the element of being able to control the LOS in that 2 gap system, he has the tools to get to the QB if need be, would be a huge huge pick up.

Advertisement
He isn't as good as Valentine IMO, but he is a perfect fit for this team. Versatile, uses his hands well, he could certainly have a bigger impact when all is said and done.

WANT.

Valentine may be better but it would sure be great to get both.

Moten and Valentine (or equivalent surprises, should it happen) signing, and qualifying, are absolute must-haves for this class to be considered a success. We need long-term solutions at DT, the patch-work model can't go on forever.

Advertisement
Back