Andrew White visiting tomorrow (and the weather)

Advertisement

I live in NYC and I absolutely love the snow and the chilly winters. I couldn't imagine it being hot all year round.

Let's hope White doesn't share this preference.

I lived in Chicago for 4 years. You're an idiot. With all due respect, of course.

If you've lived in a warm climate your whole life and then shift to something like NYC or Chicago it could definitely take a long time to adjust to.

I've been here since I was born so I'm very used to it.

Advertisement

I live in NYC and I absolutely love the snow and the chilly winters. I couldn't imagine it being hot all year round.

I lived in Chicago for 4 years. You're an idiot. With all due respect, of course.

If you've lived in a warm climate your whole life and then shift to something like NYC or Chicago it could definitely take a long time to adjust to.

Done both for good amount of time, both have pluses and minuses, depends on what you like. Personally, part time in both places is the ticket.

NYState are you a Knick fan?

I'm the same way. Grew up in Michigan, live in Ohio (still hate it, just not for the weather). I love going to Miami to visit, but that humidity is no joke in the summer. I'd be miserable for about 3 months of the year. That's why all the snow-birds from up here retire to FL for the winter, and come back here for the summers. It only reaches 90 once or twice every couple weeks in the summer, with much less humidity. That being said, going to college in Gables is a much different story. The women alone are reason enough to spend a year there.

Lived in Miami, New Orleans or Tallahassee from age 1 to 27. Then to Chicago. Now in Chattanooga, where is snows 2-3 times a year, but it's still the South. I was just messing around, and yeah, I never got used to the weather.

Advertisement
What about the basketball player this thread is supposed to be about

He has neither announced anything nor has any new news been reported. Therefore, we are currently discussing the weather. The forum is also open to discussion on other traditional small-talk topics, such as: cars; food; the Zika Virus; how Trump and Hil-Dawg are both full of ****, and as of recently, the Olympics. Enjoy.

He has neither announced anything nor has any new news been reported. Therefore, we are currently discussing the weather. The forum is also open to discussion on other traditional small-talk topics, such as: cars; food; the Zika Virus; how Trump and Hil-Dawg are both full of ****, and as of recently, the Olympics. Enjoy.

Hillary got Zika? From Trump?? And they'll both be dead by end of the Olympics?

I say we celebrate by bringing Andrew White aboard.

Hillary got Zika? From Trump?? And they'll both be dead by end of the Olympics?

I say we celebrate by bringing Andrew White aboard.

I concur

Advertisement

I had property in Syracuse & I'm from Brooklyn. I only qualify that statement because there is a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE between winter in Manhattan or any of the Burroughs (****** round **** near anywhere it snows) & winter in syracuse... holy jeezus it's insane being there in winter. On a regular sets national records for snowfall & it's tremendously boring

I had property in Syracuse & I'm from Brooklyn. I only qualify that statement because there is a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE between winter in Manhattan or any of the Burroughs (****** round **** near anywhere it snows) & winter in syracuse... holy jeezus it's insane being there in winter. On a regular sets national records for snowfall & it's tremendously boring

Yup. Look what happened a few years ago in Buffalo. They got like six feet of snow and here in NYC we got a dusting. There is a huge difference in winters between the boroughs and upstate.

Winter is NYC is pleasant to me for the most part. Cold but not TOO cold and the occasional 6 inches of snow.

Upstate is a whole different animal. Frigid conditions and feet upon feet of snow.

Advertisement
Turningstone is that spot. Also I went from Miami to Ithaca. Not sure how people can live in the cold for their whole lives but to each their own

Turningstone is that spot. Also I went from Miami to Ithaca. Not sure how people can live in the cold for their whole lives but to each their own

Ithaca is upstate.

Like I said, upstate is completely different from NYC. The average winter temperature is about ten degrees colder.

Advertisement
Back