Al Golden = Classy

OV's get off seemed to go from plus plus as a soph to just plus level (not trying to sound like a lame Mel Kiper wannabe but only words I could think of to describe what I observed) this last year - at least most of the time. Even so, I think he's got a special gift there that will be utilized well in the NFL if he ends up at the right place and does the right things. I was a little surprised at his combine 40, but even so I still think he has that initial burst that's rare and the agility/strength to be a very good NFL player. That said - one of my least favorite Canes ever and a flame out wouldn't totally surprise me despite his physical attributes.

Advertisement
OV issues was staying healthy... He always went hard on the field... He was just deterred by some injuries... The kid was showing flashes in 09 and 10... The suspensions kept him off the field this year... A lot of you are just upset he's leaving... The coaches always praised his work ethic and he did what was asked of him just like Dmoney stated... I think many fans maybe surprised at how many of our players get drafted... That being said, I wish OV the best and I'm tired of our fanbase making up claims... There has never been any reports of OV being lazy...

Vernon was a guy who production never matched his physical ability

It's been a common theme for a long time at UM

Sounds like a number of recent players, including Vernon were premarital.

"Saving" themselves for the NFL.

Some, when they finally have to 'put out' are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back