Al Golden = Classy

Pretty cool.

"Coach Golden can you comment on Olivier Vernon's work ethic and maturity?"

"Yes of....course....sig.......nal.......break.........ing.....uppp.............."

maybe some can question his maturity level, is he even 20 yet, but his work ethic? come on man, the kid grew into a beast! have you worked for a disfunctional organization before?

Wait a minute. You're saying that because he may have hit the weight room hard, that his work ethic is unquestionable? I guess we have different views of what work ethic is.

How about constantly taking plays off? How about not taking care of business off the field? Those dont count towards work ethic??

Again, have you every worked for a disfunctional organization? OV was the least of this teams concerns.Yes, he had a few issues, but of all the guys I hated to see leave it was him. An if you listen to Al's segment with Joe Rose, you will see what I'm saying about working for the canes over the years. Al understands the issue these, leaderless (not sure if word), young men had to deal with. OV make us proud #procane all day!

Ok, so your issue is a personal one. No wonder your judgement is clouded.

And I am literally shaking my head at you using the "disfunctional organization" excuse, as if its somehow everyones else's fault.

Al Golden shakes his head at your excuse making and pussification of the football team.

Really? I'm done, but time will tell on him and the others. Also, I just ask instead of getting into a ****ing competition, please listen to what Al has to say himself about these guys.

OK fine, maybe you arent one of these guys that I have been hearing these nauseating excuses from the last few years.

Honest question then. What is your opinion of why Vernon is leaving here a massive failure on the field? I am more than willing to listen to good honest answers that can make me see something other than what I have stated.

Advertisement
Pretty cool.

"Yes of....course....sig.......nal.......break.........ing.....uppp.............."

maybe some can question his maturity level, is he even 20 yet, but his work ethic? come on man, the kid grew into a beast! have you worked for a disfunctional organization before?

grew into a beast? what games are you watching??

Well, he had 3 sacks against FIU. BEAST MODE!!!

Pretty cool.

Yeah seriously when did he grow into a beast. The kid was always a beast. Football IQ isn't the best. That's the problem. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't think then you are simply a beast of burden. A D lineman and he's too small for that in the NFL.

Oh yeah add to the fact that he is one of those sense of entitlement kids, which in turn makes him lazy because he feels his freakish talent will get him through. How'd that work out?

Pretty cool.

Wait a minute. You're saying that because he may have hit the weight room hard, that his work ethic is unquestionable? I guess we have different views of what work ethic is.

How about constantly taking plays off? How about not taking care of business off the field? Those dont count towards work ethic??

Again, have you every worked for a disfunctional organization? OV was the least of this teams concerns.Yes, he had a few issues, but of all the guys I hated to see leave it was him. An if you listen to Al's segment with Joe Rose, you will see what I'm saying about working for the canes over the years. Al understands the issue these, leaderless (not sure if word), young men had to deal with. OV make us proud #procane all day!

And I am literally shaking my head at you using the "disfunctional organization" excuse, as if its somehow everyones else's fault.

Al Golden shakes his head at your excuse making and pussification of the football team.

Really? I'm done, but time will tell on him and the others. Also, I just ask instead of getting into a ****ing competition, please listen to what Al has to say himself about these guys.

OK fine, maybe you arent one of these guys that I have been hearing these nauseating excuses from the last few years.

Honest question then. What is your opinion of why Vernon is leaving here a massive failure on the field? I am more than willing to listen to good honest answers that can make me see something other than what I have stated.

I disagree he was a massive failure, sure he did not make all league and that stuff, I still think a major part of that was the training the young man got. What was it 3 dl coaches in 3 years? All different styles? I again look at what he did in the weight room where it was about him doing what he needed to do. Al even mentioned that in his last interview, he was not upset with what they went through.

We as fans see what we want to see, not saying you are here, just when I read all the stuff on the various sites, it just make me shake my head. Don't get me wrong I thought he should be all-american here like most, but given what they went thru, let's trust the kid. He had offers from every major school in the country and could have done what most thought he would do and follow in the footsteps of a few of his former high school teams and go out of state.

Advertisement
I don't think Vernon went hard 3 plays in a row his entire career at Miami.

Pretty cool.

I disagree he was a massive failure, sure he did not make all league and that stuff, I still think a major part of that was the training the young man got. What was it 3 dl coaches in 3 years? All different styles? I again look at what he did in the weight room where it was about him doing what he needed to do. Al even mentioned that in his last interview, he was not upset with what they went through.

We as fans see what we want to see, not saying you are here, just when I read all the stuff on the various sites, it just make me shake my head. Don't get me wrong I thought he should be all-american here like most, but given what they went thru, let's trust the kid. He had offers from every major school in the country and could have done what most thought he would do and follow in the footsteps of a few of his former high school teams and go out of state.

Thanks for the post. I shouldnt have used the word "failure", I should have said disappointment. When you have so many opinions and tweets/articles/"insider" info, it can be hard to figure what to believe I guess.

For me, looking at the situation from all the angles. He made some mistakes, got caught up in the storm, showed some immaturity. That's not enough for me to red flag the kid and label him a problem at all. But when you start to couple that with the obvious advantages he has had when he steps on the field, and his lack of any real production, you have to start to wonder. There have been times where he is absolutely unblockable for a few plays, and then would literally disappear for games at a time, sometimes where you would forget he was even on the roster. Thats inexcusable for someone with his talents.

Thats the stuff that makes you shake your head and wonder. Maybe its a bit of piling on now that he has moved on as well, but in all honesty I was just making a joke in my original post. He is a Cane and I hope he makes us proud in the NFL but I am more than ready to move forward with the group we have now.

Pretty cool.

Thanks for the post. I shouldnt have used the word "failure", I should have said disappointment. When you have so many opinions and tweets/articles/"insider" info, it can be hard to figure what to believe I guess.

For me, looking at the situation from all the angles. He made some mistakes, got caught up in the storm, showed some immaturity. That's not enough for me to red flag the kid and label him a problem at all. But when you start to couple that with the obvious advantages he has had when he steps on the field, and his lack of any real production, you have to start to wonder. There have been times where he is absolutely unblockable for a few plays, and then would literally disappear for games at a time, sometimes where you would forget he was even on the roster. Thats inexcusable for someone with his talents.

Thats the stuff that makes you shake your head and wonder. Maybe its a bit of piling on now that he has moved on as well, but in all honesty I was just making a joke in my original post. He is a Cane and I hope he makes us proud in the NFL but I am more than ready to move forward with the group we have now.

Remember what Al recently said about RayRay, he is now playing fast and not taking plays off, because he is confortable with the system and is not playing reactive ball, but proactive. That allows them to play much better. Just saying, maybe OV will never be much, but I'm willing to give the kid a littel credit, especially with the coaches he had.

Vernon was not a very productive player relative to his contemporaries. I can't comment on his work ethic.

Advertisement
obviously the kid is a freak athletically so if he goes to the right team he could grow up. if someone like the ravens picked him up he could turn into a good player. I'm saying the ravens cause i Know that ed and ray will be all over him especially since he went to the U.

Golden may be classy. It was a wise move to help out the kids in any case.

Vernon is apparently a good athlete. At least now we know why some in the program had high hopes for him. Why didn't it translate to the field of play? I guess your options are he didn't try hard enough often enough, or he's not tough enough, or he's just not that good. I don't think we know which it is. But he's hardly a freak by NFL standards. So i wouldn't predict he'll somehow magically turn it on an become someone he wasn't at UM.

JMO, but I think Vernon will do very well in the pros.

He showed me something in the FSU game. Played inside, played on the edge, stood up and looked comfortable. He was the best player on the team that day.

His mentality will determine how far he goes, but he always struck me as a pretty aggressive and confident kid. It will be interesting to see which team grabs him. I suspect that the Steelers and Ravens may be interested.

obviously the kid is a freak athletically so if he goes to the right team he could grow up. if someone like the ravens picked him up he could turn into a good player. I'm saying the ravens cause i Know that ed and ray will be all over him especially since he went to the U.

i forgot to mention that him being suspended probabbly didn't help but can't use it as a excuse.

Advertisement
JMO, but I think Vernon will do very well in the pros.

He showed me something in the FSU game. Played inside, played on the edge, stood up and looked comfortable. He was the best player on the team that day.

His mentality will determine how far he goes, but he always struck me as a pretty aggressive and confident kid. It will be interesting to see which team grabs him. I suspect that the Steelers and Ravens may be interested.

Totally agree, I believe with 3 years of Golden this kid would have been a sure first rounder. Loved watching him in that FSU game.

Lets not forget this kid was 2nd team ALL-ACC honorable mention soph year with 6.5 sacks and preseason ALL ACC this year . If the kid wasn't suspended the first 6 games of the season i guarentee you he would of equaled that or more. The kid put in work in the off season program and unexpectedly got suspended before the 1st game. Kid made a poor choice but don't hate the kid because he left early and you fans are killing him for that. Don't kid yourselfs kid would of been good this year if he wasn't suspended half the season.

Last edited:
I will tell you something.. Venron is going to be a playmaker in the NFL no doubt about that.. give him a couple years he will be a beast

Advertisement
LULZ at the notion of "show me examples" when dude didnt make a play in 3 years with obvious freakish athletic ability.

BS, i watched him throw carami from whisky to the side and make a tfl vs whisky. you haven't provided not one example as to why you question his overall work ethic meanwhile the dude is throwing up 31 reps and running a 4.6 40 while being called "lazy" by some cat on a website. lmao

LULZ at the notion of "show me examples" when dude didnt make a play in 3 years with obvious freakish athletic ability.

BS, i watched him throw carami from whisky to the side and make a tfl vs whisky. you haven't provided not one example as to why you question his overall work ethic meanwhile the dude is throwing up 31 reps and running a 4.6 40 while being called "lazy" by some cat on a website. lmao

He ran a 4.8 40 laser time at the combine.

Pretty cool.

Yeah, the beast comment is a stretch, to say the least. The kid showed flashes, but that was it.

Advertisement
Back