Al Golden = Classy

John77

Junior
"Classy move by Al Golden, who gave up three work days to call all 32 NFL teams to discuss Miami's pro prospects."

From the Miami Herald.

Even though Golden disagreed with a lot of these kids leaving, he is a legitimate good person and I think that will and does show to recruits and everyone involved or associated with the program.

Advertisement
Pretty cool.

"Coach Golden can you comment on Olivier Vernon's work ethic and maturity?"

"Yes of....course....sig.......nal.......break.........ing.....uppp.............."

He also said that he was going to be honest, so look for some of those guys that left early to not get drafted.

Them not being his recruits is meaningless and he's just doing what many other coaches do in this situation. Kinda tough to call this anything one way or the other without knowing what was said.

Advertisement
Pretty cool.

"Yes of....course....sig.......nal.......break.........ing.....uppp.............."

maybe some can question his maturity level, is he even 20 yet, but his work ethic? come on man, the kid grew into a beast! have you worked for a disfunctional organization before?

Pretty cool.

maybe some can question his maturity level, is he even 20 yet, but his work ethic? come on man, the kid grew into a beast! have you worked for a disfunctional organization before?

Wait a minute. You're saying that because he may have hit the weight room hard, that his work ethic is unquestionable? I guess we have different views of what work ethic is.

How about constantly taking plays off? How about not taking care of business off the field? Those dont count towards work ethic??

Pretty cool.

Wait a minute. You're saying that because he may have hit the weight room hard, that his work ethic is unquestionable? I guess we have different views of what work ethic is.

How about constantly taking plays off? How about not taking care of business off the field? Those dont count towards work ethic??

constantly taking plays off? please. show some examples.

not taking care of business off the field? wieght lifting doesn't occur during games.

lmao at these general internet cliche's. You haven't provided one example as to why you question his work ethic yet he does 31 reps, runs a 4.6 40 nd looks good in all drills and hat not..

Pretty cool.

not taking care of business off the field? wieght lifting doesn't occur during games.

lmao at these general internet cliche's. You haven't provided one example as to why you question his work ethic yet he does 31 reps, runs a 4.6 40 nd looks good in all drills and hat not..

C'mon Nites. I am not getting trolled by you bruh, you know that.

Getting your panties all in a wad because dude beasts out at the combine but never did a ******* thing here. Nuff said.

Advertisement
Pretty cool.

Examples? Now youre just splitting hairs. Anyone that really watches Miami football knows its a well known fact, dudes lazy and takes plays off. And putting up 31 reps while running a 4.6 is more of a testament to his athletic ability rather than his work ethic..thats why everyone is so disappointed with dude, if he actually put in some effort accompanied by that athletic ability hed be one **** of a player.

LULZ at the notion of "show me examples" when dude didnt make a play in 3 years with obvious freakish athletic ability.

Pretty cool.

Again, have you every worked for a disfunctional organization? OV was the least of this teams concerns.Yes, he had a few issues, but of all the guys I hated to see leave it was him. An if you listen to Al's segment with Joe Rose, you will see what I'm saying about working for the canes over the years. Al understands the issue these, leaderless (not sure if word), young men had to deal with. OV make us proud #procane all day!

Pretty cool.

Again, have you every worked for a disfunctional organization? OV was the least of this teams concerns.Yes, he had a few issues, but of all the guys I hated to see leave it was him. An if you listen to Al's segment with Joe Rose, you will see what I'm saying about working for the canes over the years. Al understands the issue these, leaderless (not sure if word), young men had to deal with. OV make us proud #procane all day!

Ok, so your issue is a personal one. No wonder your judgement is clouded.

And I am literally shaking my head at you using the "disfunctional organization" excuse, as if its somehow everyones else's fault.

Al Golden shakes his head at your excuse making and pussification of the football team.

Advertisement
He also said that he was going to be honest, so look for some of those guys that left early to not get drafted.

Actually, I think the majority of contributors will be drafted based on the fact that they went to Miami. Along with guys like DVD and Sam Shields making plays in the NFL despite not doing much in college.

Oliver is going to make an NFL ROSTER. I can't remember him taking plays off. He did not reach his potential. That's only knock I have against him. But he was robbed half a season too. That was huge in his development.

Oliver is going to make an NFL ROSTER. I can't remember him taking plays off. He did not reach his potential. That's only knock I have against him. But he was robbed half a season too. That was huge in his development.

FWIW I think he will play in the NFL too. Lots of questions (and not just by me of course) about whether he will do what it takes, but the kid definitely has the tools, and he plays the position that is premium in the NFL. You dont have to be an all around player to make an impact.

Advertisement

FWIW I think he will play in the NFL too. Lots of questions (and not just by me of course) about whether he will do what it takes, but the kid definitely has the tools, and he plays the position that is premium in the NFL. You dont have to be an all around player to make an impact.

Im hoping the COWBOYS ddraft him. He plays a position of need for them and would be a late draft bargain. But I see him going early third and possibly late second if he continues to perform at per-draft camps.

Pretty cool.

Ok, so your issue is a personal one. No wonder your judgement is clouded.

And I am literally shaking my head at you using the "disfunctional organization" excuse, as if its somehow everyones else's fault.

Al Golden shakes his head at your excuse making and pussification of the football team.

Really? I'm done, but time will tell on him and the others. Also, I just ask instead of getting into a ****ing competition, please listen to what Al has to say himself about these guys.

Pretty cool.

grew into a beast? what games are you watching??

Advertisement
Back