Acc tourney game 1 thread

First time GT has been shut out since March.

Nice win.

It's basically set up for the Saturday game with FSU for the pool win.

Advertisement
I'll be honest, Garcia is scaring me a little bit down the stretch.

Ground out to 2nd.

Runners on the corners 2 down.

Dude has scared me since he put on the uniform. From a former ball player, this guy just doesn't have "it", nor the mentality to close.

A closer is supposed to come in and slam the door; not open it.

Then you're clueless. He definitely has the mentality to close. He is the all times saves leader at Miami. He has been shaky lately but your comment about his mentality is wayyy off.

First time GT has been shut out since March.

Nice win.

It's basically set up for the Saturday game with FSU for the pool win.

Yep. Because of the way tiebreakers work, tomorrow's game doesn't matter for advancing

The FSU game is essentially a play-in game for us

Edit --- assuming FSU beats GT

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hate to say something like this but Garcia kind of reminds me of the closer in 2008 who was unhitable and then the wheels came off in the tourney.

21 pitches for Garcia. Way too many.
It seems it takes him 2 or 3 batters to get ****ed off.
He's going to drive us nuts as we move forward.

Ground out to 2nd.

Dude has scared me since he put on the uniform. From a former ball player, this guy just doesn't have "it", nor the mentality to close.

Then you're clueless. He definitely has the mentality to close. He is the all times saves leader at Miami. He has been shaky lately but your comment about his mentality is wayyy off.

Not looking to get into a ****ing contest here by attacking another with a "you're clueless" statement to segway a point...nice job on your behalf doing so.

But I'm curious.. What does the all time saves leader for a university mean? Nothing! How many former cane closers are at or have been at the MLB level?

Closers need to have that dog mentality. Dog mentalities don't consistently come in and put the game on the ropes. This guy has done it since he put the Uni on.

I respect him and hope for his success because I bleed orange and green, but I'm also not delusional and trust what the eyes see.

Go Canes!

Ground out to 2nd.

Not looking to get into a ****ing contest here by attacking another with a "you're clueless" statement to segway a point...nice job on your behalf doing so.

But I'm curious.. What does the all time saves leader for a university mean? Nothing! How many former cane closers are at or have been at the MLB level?

Closers need to have that dog mentality. Dog mentalities don't consistently come in and put the game on the ropes. This guy has done it since he put the Uni on.

I respect him and hope for his success because I bleed orange and green, but I'm also not delusional and trust what the eyes see.

Go Canes!

Off the top of my head Danny Graves and Chris Perez made it to the MLB (sorry to hijack just providing some info)

Advertisement

Ground out to 2nd.

Ground out to 2nd.

Go Canes!

Off the top of my head Danny Graves and Chris Perez made it to the MLB (sorry to hijack just providing some info)

All good - appreciate the info. I couldn't think of one off top of my head. Both had a decent pro careers so I stand corrected.

I also stand by my opinion of Garcia. I hope he gets it done as the tension heats up!

Advertisement
Garcia is the active NCAA saves leader. He makes me nervous too, but rarely blows the save.

Everyone blows saves from time to time but to say he doesnt have the makeup to be closer when he has 39 career saves and has been the closer since his first game as a Frosh is a ludicrous statement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back