A Few Team Notes

Advertisement
Hurrikane said:
He has AA potential at both positions. Now he needs to run that potential into "actual" performance.

Disagree. His potential at CB is a lot higher than Safety

Advertisement
Hurrikane said:
He has AA potential at both positions. Now he needs to run that potential into "actual" performance.

Agreed. We need safeties in the worst way but I think down the line Bush has more potential at CB than Howard due to his athleticism. I really want to see this kid get some snaps at corner.

Besides Howard, Bush, and Duke, the two guys that have me the most excited are Briscoe and Jenkins. Both look like they're going to be studs here

Hurrikane said:

Just curious, but we have never seen him play a down at the college level. He could be a beast at either position or he could flame out.

Advertisement
Hurrikane said:

Just curious, but we have never seen him play a down at the college level. He could be a beast at either position or he could flame out.

Sometimes high school highlights and 7-7 film should not be totally ignored. It's pretty clear looking at those that Deon Bush has a high ceiling at corner where at safety, he doesn't look as good. Too many people echo this as well. I mean time will tell but at the moment, with no college games to go off of, Deon Bush looks like a top corner prospect being forced to play safety possibly to his and the teams detriment.

I was at every single Columbus game the last two years, so this isn't based on highlights

I understand why people want Bush at CB, but I'd prefer him at Safety because:

1. It's been a long time since we've had an elite athlete at the position. We need a guy back there who can cover a lot of ground.
2. Our depth at Safety moving forward is not good.
3. We loaded up at CB last year. Plenty of promising guys at the spot.
4. Bush's man coverage skills will give us great versatility.

Now again, this is assuming he he can play the position at a high level. If he's a JAG at Safety, that would be a waste.

Advertisement
Great to read that Tracy and Deon are doing well. Hope Steven isn't the gift giver. Also, the other site reporting that Jacoby Briscoe is on his way to Coral Gables. SIAP

Yeah, Coppage is a good dude so I believe him. It's not some random tweet.

Still, gotta see these guys on the field before I breathe a little easier.

If Bush performs well at Safety, our coaches deserve a lot of credit.

^this. Sorry Pete but I am hoping you're wrong on this one. Hopefully the coaches see something in Bush that Merrit was unable to get from him and that is why he didn't show it at Columbus.

3 picks so far at safety sounds good to me. Here is to hoping the kid has an impact no matter what position he plays.

Advertisement

^this. Sorry Pete but I am hoping you're wrong on this one. Hopefully the coaches see something in Bush that Merrit was unable to get from him and that is why he didn't show it at Columbus.

3 picks so far at safety sounds good to me. Here is to hoping the kid has an impact no matter what position he plays.

FWIW, some HS coaches, maybe even his own, don't feel he has "it" to play Safety. That's why my statement is clear: if he does well, our coaches did something very right.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong too, believe me. I'm hoping more than anyone that I'm wrong because he is a friend of mine and I want him to do well. He has the athleticism to do it no doubt in my mind, but I haven't seen it translate yet.

Advertisement
Back