A Few Team Notes

Peter Ariz

All American
Administrator
Here are a few things a source told me...

-Tracy Howard has 5 picks so far in the 7on7 action, and Deon Bush has 3.

-Deon is starting out as a Safety, and will play that down the line as well unless the coaches decide to move him to corner

-Nate Dortch has been very impressive. He needs a redshirt year to add weight, but he has a chance to be special and has surprised a lot of people.

-Tyriq McCord and Herb Waters are scheduled to report this week, among others

Advertisement
Butch Davis liked Dortch. That says a lot.

People slept on that kid. He was consistently left out of potential difference makers from that class. Will be rooting for him.

God damnt my Tracy Howard hype meter is through the roof. Was really going to hold back expectations but I really expect him to be our best db this year. Including our two grandpa safety's

Advertisement

People slept on that kid. He was consistently left out of potential difference makers from that class. Will be rooting for him.

A lot of fan opinion seemed to change on him after he got poor reviews in that one all-star game. I'm pulling for him, too.

I always liked Dortch. His tape was impressive. The thing that stood out to me was how he was fearless coming up and tackling, even for his slight build.

Don't know how good he is in coverage, hard to tell a lot of times with CBs in a highlight tape, but he is a very good tackler on the outside.

Advertisement
Very interested in seeing what size McCord is now. Hard to transition to and every down player in this level, so its going to be crucial for him to have hit the next level in terms of strength and conditioning.

Very interested in seeing what size McCord is now. Hard to transition to and every down player in this level, so its going to be crucial for him to have hit the next level in terms of strength and conditioning.

he doesn't have to be at an every down level now....as a true freshman, if he can come in on passing downs and get to the QB, that is GREAT. he can do that at 230 or wherever he is now.

Howard has me excited. He has a beast mode mentality and skills to match. I hope our players can start becoming the hardest workers. We have lacked that discipline for a long time. It's going to be fun watching these kids grow for the next 3-5 years.

Any info on Duke?

Advertisement
Great to hear about Howard and Bush, may be Bush is showing more instinct at S than most of us thought he had. Howard will be starting from day 1 IMO.

Great to read that Tracy and Deon are doing well. Hope Steven isn't the gift giver. Also, the other site reporting that Jacoby Briscoe is on his way to Coral Gables. SIAP

Advertisement
get these muf****ers in here and put them on the golden get ripped plan. time to bulk up and add speed. the days of shannon are over and its kinda nice.

Great to read that Tracy and Deon are doing well. Hope Steven isn't the gift giver. Also, the other site reporting that Jacoby Briscoe is on his way to Coral Gables. SIAP

Glad we got him into to school, we need depth on the DL and he seems like he can be a good one.

I watched his highlights and came away impressed. In the state championship game I've read he was unblockable. Love it when guys step up when it matters most.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Gallery/326677/6_326680.jpg[/IMG"]

Glad we got him into to school, we need depth on the DL and he seems like he can be a good one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back