A few notes from Greentree

Its good to hear that players are working hard and all this, but it still, mainly due to youth, can't lead me to shake much more than a 7 win season.

Looking the part isn't the same as making split second decisions on game day that score or lose a fumble or miss a block....

Mental aspects are just as important. I just can't get excited about the season knowing we have >50% of the team So and Fr.

Advertisement
Next year is the proverbial "rebuilding year". Anything above 5 wins is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. With that said, I do think Golden is setting things up nicely for 2013 and beyond.

Next year is the proverbial "rebuilding year". Anything above 5 wins is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. With that said, I do think Golden is setting things up nicely for 2013 and beyond.

not to be negative, but seriously, I've been hearing that since 2005

D$, would you attribute Seantrel's turnaround to seeing what happened to his pals in the draft? Possibly realizing that the nonsense that was spewed a few years back that was said you didn't need to win, the NFL sees talent nonsense?

I'm of the opinion he saw a lot of these guys fall dramatically and realizes he NOW has to put everything together to make that money, your thoughts?

p.s. Nites, don't ******* respond.

not to be negative, but seriously, I've been hearing that since 2005
Nah, we were supposed to be good in 2009 and 2010. The super hyped MNW recruiting class flopped, and now Golden needs to rebuild.

Advertisement
Fisch's offense requires a QB to make the correct reads and go through his progressions. I don't think Morris has demonstrated that he was any better than Jacory Harris was in that regard.

Just watch the Maryland highlights. A lot of the throws he made were cringe worthy but he got bailed out by his rocket arm. Imagine the arm and escapibility with an improved mental game and fundamentals. The offense lives or dies by Morris's improvement, or lack thereof.

Okay, I will play. Can you possibly imagine JHs throws in that wind that night? Looked like a hurricane out there and the guy was throwing some bullets. yeah he stared down the last one of the game, but I was impressed with his game when you take into account the weather, the players out for that game. I can admit his decision making is questionable at times, but I think SM is poised for a huge year. I honestly have more faith in our QB play this yr than I have in any season in a long time. Some think we arrive in '13 and I think we could just arrive a yr early! I am calling for a 9 win season and a Coastal title.

I'm of the opinion he saw a lot of these guys fall dramatically and realizes he NOW has to put everything together to make that money, your thoughts?

I just don't think he's living up to his own expectations. He's already a junior. He cares about being good and it's make or break time.

I just don't think he's living up to his own expectations. He's already a junior. He cares about being good and it's make or break time.

Thanks. Is he 3 and out or does he stay for 2013?

Thanks. Is he 3 and out or does he stay for 2013?

He would have to have a monster season to leave early IMO. He needs 2 great years to go where everyone expected him to go when he signed here which is at the the top of the draft. Dude hasn't even played LT here yet.

Advertisement
I'd **** my pants if they win 9 games. I'm not a non believer of Morris, but I think too many people were so.unhappy with JH that Morris got a lot more love than his body of work deserves thus far.

Like I said, Fisch's QB coaching abilities and improvement of Morris are key to this team this year. This team is setting up nicely, I just don't think Morris or Williams have the ability to guide this team to 8+ wins this year. If Morris does... Miami haters are going to be very unhappy people in 2013.

I'd **** my pants if they win 9 games. I'm not a non believer of Morris, but I think too many people were so.unhappy with JH that Morris got a lot more love than his body of work deserves thus far.

Like I said, Fisch's QB coaching abilities and improvement of Morris are key to this team this year. This team is setting up nicely, I just don't think Morris or Williams have the ability to guide this team to 8+ wins this year. If Morris does... Miami haters are going to be very unhappy people in 2013.

i wouldn't say im a non believer but he's just unproven so i don't have any expectations for him. this is how i feal about pretty much the whole team.

Real talk - Morris has been garbage so far, but he gets graded on a curve since he should've redshirted his first year (thanks for nothing Spencer) and has had a lot of BS to deal with in his development. Having said that, he needs to make a monster jump this year, no excuses.

I'm guessing Charles Woodson was about that size (170 lbs) his freshman year.

No surprise regarding Duke or Tracy. I hope their work ethic will be infectious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back