A few notes from Greentree

Advertisement
Funny thing is I thought we perhaps would be hearing about Bush more too? Hey it's still early so I'll let the coaches coach and I'll wait and watch.

Advertisement
Thanks D$.

Re Duke, been saying it. Best incoming player in a decade.

Our RBs will not go backwards this years. James and Clements will be a year older/better, and Duke will make a real impact. And Miller was good but run-down for much of last year.

Love Duke's potential, love James' heart. But Miller was special and I'm not sure why no one realizes it.

He was a gamebreaker all year. Hopefully Duke fills the role, but Miller was proven. Guys can knock him and downplay his significance all they want, but he was legit and will be missed big time.

Advertisement
He was a gamebreaker all year. Hopefully Duke fills the role, but Miller was proven. Guys can knock him and downplay his significance all they want, but he was legit and will be missed big time.

No one is denigrating him or downplaying by pointing out an undeniable fact, which is that he was hampered by injuries last year, particularly later in the year. You sound butthurt the way you whine. The truth is he had a solid season but not an amazing one. James and OT will be a year more experienced, and Duke will be Duke.

And i will say it again -- Duke is the best incoming recruit in a decade at UM. That includes Miller, who you are so stuck on.

Duke is a huge reason why I feel like the offense can be productive.

I'm putting a lot of stock in the o-line being solid. If they hold up, I think we'll put some points on the board.

Advertisement
With Morris being his 2nd year under Fisch, we should be in good shape offensively. As long as he protects the ball this offense should put up points.

No one is denigrating him or downplaying by pointing out an undeniable fact, which is that he was hampered by injuries last year, particularly later in the year. You sound butthurt the way you whine. The truth is he had a solid season but not an amazing one. James and OT will be a year more experienced, and Duke will be Duke.

And i will say it again -- Duke is the best incoming recruit in a decade at UM. That includes Miller, who you are so stuck on.
Miller had an amazing first 5 games. But once we played UNC, he seemed to tail off after that. Be it injuries, defenses keying on him, etc. If we hadn't had such a dearth of productivity at the RB position since McGahee left, people like me wouldn't have tripped over themselves to crown him. It doesn't mean people think he sucks, just not irreplaceable. He got 1,200 yards last year...not 2,000.

3.gif

nuff said

Advertisement
With Morris being his 2nd year under Fisch, we should be in good shape offensively. As long as he protects the ball this offense should put up points.

If Fisch can turn Jacory"Hey why not throw it to the other team" Harris career around imagine what he'll do what Morris who has a better skillset imo.

Fisch's offense requires a QB to make the correct reads and go through his progressions. I don't think Morris has demonstrated that he was any better than Jacory Harris was in that regard.

Just watch the Maryland highlights. A lot of the throws he made were cringe worthy but he got bailed out by his rocket arm. Imagine the arm and escapibility with an improved mental game and fundamentals. The offense lives or dies by Morris's improvement, or lack thereof.

Advertisement
Back