A few notes from Greentree

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Was out there at UM for the camp this morning. No 7-on7s, but was able to gather a couple nuggets.

- Asked a few people inside the program about Duke and Howard. This was the reaction I got:

2.gif

One thing everybody talks about is their work ethic. These guys work and carry themselves like seniors. A few people commented that Duke was bigger than they thought and has already put on some good weight. Howard is about 170 right now.

- I'm fully aboard the Rashawn Scott bandwagon. Every time I've seen him, he's impressed. Walking around, he looks huge and is by far the most physically imposing receiver. And from what people were telling me today, he is the best basketball player on the team. That says a lot about his coordination, and explains why he was going up and Moss-ing guys all spring despite being inexperienced at WR. One UM staffer said he could go for 1,000 yards this year.

- Dorsett, Hurns and Crawford went out and did some extra work by themselves. According to the folks at Greentree, they do it every day and are often first-in, last-out. This might be our hardest-working WR crew since Moss, Wayne and King.

- Warren Sapp was coaching his *** off. Definitely didn't lack for energy or enthusiasm out there.

- Coach D'Onofrio spent about fifteen minutes talking football with Uncle Luke. Coach D is an intense dude, he was out there recreating drills while Luke looked on. Bunch of Northwestern kids at camp today.

- Someone commented that Seantrel has been the most improved player in the off-season. Hasn't missed a workout, is in great shape, and is realizing the stakes.

- Saw Antonio Crawford walking around. Short guy, but very stout for a freshman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
its nice not having to wait until Sunday to get a few notes... appreciate your efforts

Advertisement
Love thes posts keep em coming.

Talented kids + a solid work ethic = we soon to be back.

Advertisement
Thanks D$.

Re Duke, been saying it. Best incoming player in a decade.

Our RBs will not go backwards this years. James and Clements will be a year older/better, and Duke will make a real impact. And Miller was good but run-down for much of last year.

Advertisement
Thanks D$.

Re Duke, been saying it. Best incoming player in a decade.

Our RBs will not go backwards this years. James and Clements will be a year older/better, and Duke will make a real impact. And Miller was good but run-down for much of last year.

Duke is the difference maker this offense needs.

Love that R. Scott is primed for a break-out. We need a big receiver to step up and he sounds like the guy.

Didn't realize Howard was that small 170?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back