5 star Kelvin Banks decommits from Oregon 👀👀👀

Advertisement
From TAMU board last night ....

“Josh Henson used his weekly visit to see Banks at school on Wednesday. The Aggies are waiting to use Jimbo Fisher's until January. Steve Sarkisian is still expected in today and you can bet that Texas will try hard to get him to sign early. Banks said this week, though, that he plans to wait and others around him said the same thing. It would seem to be an honest statement as he put out a plea for social media followers and said he would have news on Dec. 15 if he gets to the level. That pretty much always means a graphic with a top group.

As for other schools, both Alabama and Clemson have been by in the latter part of this week as well. Banks mentioned those two, along with Michigan and obviously Miami with Cristobal, as schools that were coming on strong since he decommitted. I think he stays in state but Alabama and Clemson are going to continue to recruit him. He is out of official visits, so would have to use unofficials in January if he wanted to see either place.

EDIT: Banks just confirmed to me that it is still definitely his plan to wait until February

EDIT 2: I think there's a good chance Banks makes a commitment to Texas tomorrow. I have not been told by him explicitly that it's a commitment, but I think that will happen.”

From TAMU board last night ....

“Josh Henson used his weekly visit to see Banks at school on Wednesday. The Aggies are waiting to use Jimbo Fisher's until January. Steve Sarkisian is still expected in today and you can bet that Texas will try hard to get him to sign early. Banks said this week, though, that he plans to wait and others around him said the same thing. It would seem to be an honest statement as he put out a plea for social media followers and said he would have news on Dec. 15 if he gets to the level. That pretty much always means a graphic with a top group.

As for other schools, both Alabama and Clemson have been by in the latter part of this week as well. Banks mentioned those two, along with Michigan and obviously Miami with Cristobal, as schools that were coming on strong since he decommitted. I think he stays in state but Alabama and Clemson are going to continue to recruit him. He is out of official visits, so would have to use unofficials in January if he wanted to see either place.

EDIT: Banks just confirmed to me that it is still definitely his plan to wait until February

EDIT 2: I think there's a good chance Banks makes a commitment to Texas tomorrow. I have not been told by him explicitly that it's a commitment, but I think that will happen.”
So he's basically saying that he's going to wait until February signing unless he commits in the early signing period. Brilliant.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gone christmas GIF

Advertisement
Banks to UT, with their ‘Pancake Factory’ NIL for OL, seems the definition of pay-for-play.

Anyone got a link to the terms of the deal? Starters only? Social media activity?

How does an OL-man earn that money other than playing OL at UT?

Banks to UT, with their ‘Pancake Factory’ NIL for OL, seems the definition of pay-for-play.

Anyone got a link to the terms of the deal? Starters only? Social media activity?

How does an OL-man earn that money other than playing OL at UT?
Their ‘Pancake Factory’ , I think, will go to things around town and do appearances and photo opp type of things. So, i don’t think its directly tied to their play on the field, but rather them being a scholly lineman player and part of the team.

it’s a great NIL set up

I hope we can do something similar

Their ‘Pancake Factory’ , I think, will go to things around town and do appearances and photo opp type of things. So, i don’t think its directly tied to their play on the field, but rather them being a scholly lineman player and part of the team.

it’s a great NIL set up

I hope we can do something similar
Thanks for the clarification

Advertisement
Back