3 Most Important Games this year for you

FSU and Notre Dame. No explanation needed. Then Virginia Tech. **** Virginia Tech.

Advertisement
VT, FSU, UVA...I really could care less about ND now, they're nothing, the rivalry is dead, we suk. Meanwhile I'm sick of losing to VT and Noles have replaced Gators' fans as top azzhats in the state. Next in the line of desired wins this season USF

Boston College

Kansas State

Georgia Tech

Considering that Bethune Cookman is a give me that would get us to 4-0 t start the season...... That would be the perfect position to be in to start the thick of our ACC schedule.....

+1

Heart says FSU, ND, and VT

Mind says "win the division" and goes with VT, UVA and GT

I'm really interested in seeing how we play vs GT, first year without a lot of the players that seemed to "get it" against GT's offense. I think and hope we will do well

Advertisement
I know we are not favored in most of the games we play this year. And also predicted to finish 5th in da coastal, but I expect and do believe we can beat every team we play this year. We have better coach, better players, and a better mental make up.

Advertisement
BC, Virginia, and USF are the most important. These are games we have had tough times with and should win.

We are years away from competing against FSU and ND so these automatic losses.

Say what? We lost by 4 last year on the road in Tally... a game where we had 120 more yards of offense than they did. I don't expect to beat FSU this year, but I think you've just about blown your cover.

BC, Virginia, and USF are the most important. These are games we have had tough times with and should win.

Really? I get that we are a much younger team than last year, and expect us to lack consistency, but to already count us out against FSU and a Notre Dame team that is yet to prove anything is wrong IMO. Last year we played FSU extremely competitively, and while I am not one for moral victories, take away the boneheaded muffed punt by Travis Benjamin and Kacy Rodgers' unfortunate attempt in the end zone and we win that game.

BC - important to start off with a win, especially against a team we should beat
NC State - toss up game that's in conference. need to win these to help with our ACC standings
UVA - lost two times in a row and is another toss up game that if we win means the team probably exceeds expectations.

i don't worry about the non conference games as much this year. could compete in our division if we can beat other middle of the road ACC teams. if we can pull off an upset against VT or FSU the team could be in good position. have enough talent to win games if guys execute. not enough experienced talent to just beat other teams because of the talent though.

Advertisement

ND still has plenty of question marks of their own.

BC is the correct answer. On paper we are better, but let's go on the road and get a big win to start the season. I fully expect Golden to have a team that will win this game big. My guess is it will create somewhat of an unrealistic expectation against tougher teams. Got to get the first one.

Advertisement

Really? I get that we are a much younger team than last year, and expect us to lack consistency, but to already count us out against FSU and a Notre Dame team that is yet to prove anything is wrong IMO. Last year we played FSU extremely competitively, and while I am not one for moral victories, take away the boneheaded muffed punt by Travis Benjamin and Kacy Rodgers' unfortunate attempt in the end zone and we win that game.

I agree, but we barely beat USF last year. Lost to Virginia, and lost to BC. These to me are must wins for this season to have any hope for the following year. I can stomach losses to FSU and ND. But if we lose to USF, BC, and Virginia again. We really suck.

At K State - I think we'll beat BC due to how much BC lost talent wise...but winning this game would give us a good shot of starting 4-0 with 3 road games already under our belt at that point. That would be huge

ND - For obvious reasons.....I hate them. I don't Florida Gaytor hate them...but it's close.

FSU - Always big for recruiting purposes and looking at FSU's schedule as well as the pre season rankings this would give us a good shot at beating a team ranked in the top 10 on national TV. Where I come from they would refer to such things as "Golden getting a signature victory". Those are the types of victories that propel programs.

Last edited:
I say UNC, VT, and VA as well but for a different reason then the previous poster. I belive we will be coming off 2 consecutive defeats when we face UNC and that game will deffine our toughness. Additionally, if I'm right I believe the head to head matchups with VT and VA will decide the Coastal champion. We win all three games and finish 6-2 in the ACC winning the Coastal division.

Advertisement
Back