2017, who do you start at DE?

Demetrious Jackson, kicked inside?

Djacks as just a "quality" player and not a starter?

Some of yall should just STFU.

Advertisement
Thomas and Harris are your starters with DJack, Jojo, Bethel, Garvin, Johnson, Patchan all in the mix on a given week.

And the thing is we played this season without 2 of our best pure pass rushers imo in quan muhammad and shocker yes I know Scott patchan. He probably has the best get off of any dlineman we got.

Joseph Jackson starts no matter what. I'm leaning towards Demetrius Jackson for the 2nd spot provided he looks the same after his injury plagued season. Chad has a lot of work to do this offseason if he wants to start. I like trent and garvin coming off the bench.

The dude who led the team in tfls and 2nd in sacks has a lot of work to do to start? Chad will start and thats a lock. He is better vs the run than the other DEs.

Advertisement
I think depth chart is as follows

Jackson Harris Garvin
Thomas Johnson Patchan Bethel

I think Demetrius Jackson gets moved inside

Bethel and d Jackson can move inside

Keep dj Johnson, Chad, joe Jackson, Harris, patchan, Garvin on the outside

Why would you move a athletic dude like jackson inside? He is only 262. Some of you dudes dont know **** about football. You just say some of the most random ****.

Don't matter who starts, they all should play and all should dominate together. Dj Johnson and Joe Jackson will eat!

Don't matter who starts, they all should play and all should dominate together. Dj Johnson and Joe Jackson will eat!

Like to see a few plays with all be de are on the field rushing qb . Move chad and dj inside rush Jackson and garvin off edge . Several Combinations u can put on the field .

Advertisement
I think depth chart is as follows

Jackson Harris Garvin
Thomas Johnson Patchan Bethel

I think Demetrius Jackson gets moved inside

Bethel and d Jackson can move inside

Keep dj Johnson, Chad, joe Jackson, Harris, patchan, Garvin on the outside

Why would you move a athletic dude like jackson inside? He is only 262. Some of you dudes dont know **** about football. You just say some of the most random ****.

Who? I definitely know about football homie... djack sacks only came from the first game against bcu. He is easily the 5th best pass rushing dend on the team behind joe Jackson,Trent Harris, chad Thomas and Scott patchan... and that's not even including guys like Jon Garvin and dj Johnson. He's not a dynamic pass rusher and we have several de better than him at that aspect. He's decent and Im sure will get better at it. Another thing is that djack continues to grow.Don't be surprised if djack is 280 by next season and plus kool likes athletic dts so weight doesn't really matter

Last edited:
You start the best 2 DEs.

I'm pretty sure Kuligowski can figure it out.

DL is the least of my concerns about Miami.

tough call

harris - while he's not the athletic freak, he's relentless and productive
jackson - i think he's clearly not a starter, but a quality player
thomas - better year, but still not what we want . . . will competition bring the best out?
jackson - led the team in sacks . . . got better as year progressed
bethel - kicked inside maybe?

we can only start two, who you got?

Advertisement
SDE- Chad Thomas/ Demetrius Jackson/ Jonathan Garvin/ Scott Patchan

DT- RJ McIntosh/ Gerald Willis/ Jon Ford
DT- Kendrick Norton/ Tyreic Martin/ Elijah Conliffe

WDE- Joe Jackson/ DJ Johnson/ Trent Harris/ Pat Bethel

Keep in mind, you can practically rotate & move nearly every DL we have to either side in multiple fronts & different looks.

There's packages where we could literally have Chad, JJack, DJ & Garvin, or DJack, RJ, DJ & JJack etc, all on the field at the same time...

You can mix up the rotations however you like...

This is what Kool recruits with Lineman, he doesn't want a bunch fat slow lumbering 330lbs slobs that can only play NT... He likes fast athletic lineman that can move, get up the field & are versatile enough to play all 4 DL spots.

Moten gets slept on!!!

SDE- Chad Thomas/ Demetrius Jackson/ Jonathan Garvin/ Scott Patchan

DT- RJ McIntosh/ Gerald Willis/ Jon Ford
DT- Kendrick Norton/ Tyreic Martin/ Elijah Conliffe

WDE- Joe Jackson/ DJ Johnson/ Trent Harris/ Pat Bethel

Keep in mind, you can practically rotate & move nearly every DL we have to either side in multiple fronts & different looks.

There's packages where we could literally have Chad, JJack, DJ & Garvin, or DJack, RJ, DJ & JJack etc, all on the field at the same time...

You can mix up the rotations however you like...

This is what Kool recruits with Lineman, he doesn't want a bunch fat slow lumbering 330lbs slobs that can only play NT... He likes fast athletic lineman that can move, get up the field & are versatile enough to play all 4 DL spots.

Moten gets slept on!!!
I didn't sleep on Moten, he'll be in rotation too... That's why I said mix up the rotations however you like.

Moten's not going to start over RJ or Kendrick, but he'll get solid snaps throughout the season.

Advertisement
Yall trippin. Chad is definitely starting next year and had a very good year for us. And Between Chad, And both Jacksons Id expect them all to basically be starters as far as PT is concerned. I think alot of the time we will pull Norton and one of the lbs (mccloud) out for a nickel db, slide chad inside with mcintosh and rock with both jackson on the edge.
SDE: Chad Thomas / DJ Johnson / Patchan
DT: RJ Mcintosh / Gerald Willis /
DT: Kendrick Norton / Anthony Moten
WDE: J Jackson & D Jackson / Trent Harris / Garvin

Last edited:
I thought djax was our best d end early in the year when healthy. Jackson and Jackson next year. Chad Thomas is living off his 5 star recruiting label. On the college level he's pedestrian.
Chad has had a Chick-esque career. Not a bust by any stretch, has some really good games here and there, but still a long way off

SDE - Chad Thomas - Trent Harris or DJ Johnson

DT - RJ Mcintosh - Gerald Willis - Jonathan Ford or Pat Bethel

DT Kendrick Norton - Anthony Moten - Tyreic Martin - Ryan Fines

DE - Demetrius Jackson - Joe Jackson - Jonathan Garvin or Scott Patchan

Thoughts:

1. Should be the best D-Line in the country, hands down. The 2 Deep at DE and DT would all be starters at almost any Power 5 school, not to mention DJ Johnson could be a starting freshman at alot of schools

2. I think Bethel or DJ get moved inside. Bethel is currently listed as 6'3 260. After the offseason he prob puts on 15-20 more lbs as a true Sophomore. By 2018 he could be a perfect DT in a 4-3 attacking system.

3. All of the 2 deeps will get significant playing time and you could flip flop Joe Jackson and Demetrius. I'm sure we'll have some sort of injuries as well.

Last edited:

SDE - Demetrius Jackson or DJ Johnson - Recruit

DT - (1 of RJ Mcintosh or Kendrick Norton) - Pat Bethel - Recruit

DT - Jonathan Ford - Tyreic Martin - Recruit - Ryan Fines

DE - Joe Jackson - Jonathan Garvin or Scott Patchan

Advertisement
Back