2017-18 non-conference schedule

One quality out of conference game is dangerous. Lose it and it hangs on you. "Miami (FL) only had one quality OOC game and they lost."

Won't matter one bit when you win 12 ACC games.

Depends what you mean by "matter." It very likely won't be the difference between getting in the NCAAT or not. But it could matter with seeding.

Finish top 4 ACC and we'll get a nice seeding

Not my point. Would you rather be a 2 or a 3? Would you rather be a 3 or a 4? It's not that complicated fellas.

Advertisement
One quality out of conference game is dangerous. Lose it and it hangs on you. "Miami (FL) only had one quality OOC game and they lost."

Depends what you mean by "matter." It very likely won't be the difference between getting in the NCAAT or not. But it could matter with seeding.

Not my point. Would you rather be a 2 or a 3? Would you rather be a 3 or a 4? It's not that complicated fellas.

I get the point, now just win

I get the point, now just win

:fistbump2:

Advertisement
We used to play UF every year OOC. Wonder what happened with that

What do you think?

That's the problem, people don't think. Could this schedule be better? Yes, but let's not lie to ourselves, a lot of OOC schedules are pure garbage, especially when one looks at how the networks are trying to get the blue bloods to play each other, making it tough for a school like Miami to find legit games. Miami isn't going to be invited to Maui, Miami isn't going to play in the Coaches v. Cancer Classic, or the Champions event. Roll through this schedule, and fatten up in conference. If the 'Canes play good ball, and win 12 or more ACC games, they will get a good seed. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what Miami does, we know the committee will FIND a way to put them one line below where they should be anyway. We've seen it time and time again, even when the 'Canes have racked up a ton of impressive wins.

That's the problem, people don't think. Could this schedule be better? Yes, but let's not lie to ourselves, a lot of OOC schedules are pure garbage, especially when one looks at how the networks are trying to get the blue bloods to play each other, making it tough for a school like Miami to find legit games. Miami isn't going to be invited to Maui, Miami isn't going to play in the Coaches v. Cancer Classic, or the Champions event. Roll through this schedule, and fatten up in conference. If the 'Canes play good ball, and win 12 or more ACC games, they will get a good seed. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what Miami does, we know the committee will FIND a way to put them one line below where they should be anyway. We've seen it time and time again, even when the 'Canes have racked up a ton of impressive wins.

A few things:

1. It has nothing to do with playing in Maui or a similar prestigious tourney. In fact we can play in a "garbage" tourney every year. This doesn't mean that the other OOC opponents should be scheduled in said manner. This schedule is pretty $hitty and doesn't prepare us for ACC play. Did you see we can play big bad Princeton twice? There is some balance between playing our OOC schedule and something insane.

2. The ACC schedule will "always" be a constant. Again, this doesn't mean that the other OOC opponents should be garbage.

3. It does matter who we schedule OOC. Stop saying it doesn't. If we beat these teams, it does nothing. It is expected as they're atrocious. So why not, in addition to the Big 10 v. ACC game and any tourney, schedule 1-2 quality opponents every year? At the very least, schedule some neutral site game against a quality team, like when we played Providence a few years ago. It could also be the difference between a 7 seed and an 8 seed. You get the point.

4. And my favorite "a lot of OOC schedules are pure garbage". The When in Rome defense; many bad actors means it is okay to act bad. Are you seriously using this as a defense?

Advertisement
Last season's OOC SOS was 233. FSU's was 87. If FSU can find "legit" OOC opponents, so can Miami (FL). Not only does a 200+ OOC SOS hurt in head to head comparisons for seeding purposes, it's also boring for me as a fan. Last season Miami (FL) had a month (November 30 through December 31) without playing an opponent who finished the season with a sub-100 RPI. It's not interesting to play cupcakes for a month straight.

Last season's OOC SOS was 233. FSU's was 87. If FSU can find "legit" OOC opponents, so can Miami (FL). Not only does a 200+ OOC SOS hurt in head to head comparisons for seeding purposes, it's also boring for me as a fan. Last season Miami (FL) had a month (November 30 through December 31) without playing an opponent who finished the season with a sub-100 RPI. It's not interesting to play cupcakes for a month straight.

+1

+1

+2. The Wat is going to be a ghost town until January. There isn't a single home game in the OoC slate that's remotely appetizing. FAMU? Navy? G Webb? This is a joke.

+1

+2. The Wat is going to be a ghost town until January. There isn't a single home game in the OoC slate that's remotely appetizing. FAMU? Navy? G Webb? This is a joke.

Maybe FAMU will bring their band

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back