2017-18 non-conference schedule

I just don't understand the logic in playing Gardner Webb, FAMU, Navy, North Florida, etc. Everyone needs cupcakes, but we don't need to be playing 4-5 teams with sub 250 RPI's.

Advertisement
I just don't understand the logic in playing Gardner Webb, FAMU, Navy, North Florida, etc. Everyone needs cupcakes, but we don't need to be playing 4-5 teams with sub 250 RPI's.

I understand the logic, I don't agree with it. Young team, ease them into college play, and let them gel in an easy OOC schedule. Make up the RPI in ACC play.

I understand the logic, I don't agree with it. Young team, ease them into college play, and let them gel in an easy OOC schedule. Make up the RPI in ACC play.

Exactly.

In addition, if you beat those teams, great. That is what is supposed to happen. You lose, marone.

Tougher to get those RPI top 150 teams to play you these days, pay rates for buy games have gone up and many top 50 type teams don't want to risk an OOC loss. We also will have the B1G/ACC game to play as well. All in it's not as bad as we think.

Tougher to get those RPI top 150 teams to play you these days, pay rates for buy games have gone up and many top 50 type teams don't want to risk an OOC loss. We also will have the B1G/ACC game to play as well. All in it's not as bad as we think.

A few things:

1. The schedule is trash. It is utter trash. It could get slightly better if we get USC (in the tourney) and we play a good Big 10 team but as it stands it is utter trash.

2. As for getting better opponents:

- You could do a home and home.
- You can also play neutral site games.

That is the thing, these QUALITY losses (you lose to a really good team) don't really matter. If you're sucking in your conference, than that is going to cause more damage. If you lose to chitty opponents, than that is going to cause more damage. Losing to highly talented programs happens.

Advertisement
All in all, if we win 11+ ACC games (which we should....we should win 12+ or more), it won't matter. We'll have 23, 24, 25 wins before the ACCT and we'll be in very good shape. I'd love a tougher schedule, but as long as we don't fall flat on our face in conference, we're fine. If we do fall flat on our face in conference, we'd probably fall flat on our face in OOC. They only way this matters is if we go 9-9 in ACC play. I don't (and I don't think Coach L) think we're going .500 in ACC play. I think we're a top 5 team contending for a top 3 spot.

Here are the final Kenpom ratings for our opponents last year
Nov. 10 – Gardner-Webb 181
Nov. 12 - Navy 206
Nov. 16 – Florida A&M 345
Nov. 22 – vs. La Salle (Reading, Pa.) 140
Nov. 25 – North Florida 255
Dec. 2 – vs. Princeton ^ 58
Dec. 5 – Boston University 192
Dec. 16 – at George Washington 132

so thats 5 top 200 teams, 3 top 150 and 1 top 100

Advertisement
Advertisement
One quality out of conference game is dangerous. Lose it and it hangs on you. "Miami (FL) only had one quality OOC game and they lost."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back