2016-2017 Basketball

There is a 0% chance Miller redshirts. He will play

If no one transfers he's the 11th guy in the rotation, if you even call it that. If he doesn't RS, he's seeing action against Stetson and Central Texas Tech.

He will be ahead of Izuzu by the end of the year. He's raw but an elite athlete at the 5.

By the end of the year he might even be our starting 5.

Nobody is redshirting on next year's team. Coach L is going to let them compete and the worst players (James Palmer), just won't play

Based on? You are the only person who has said that. In fact, other people disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Advertisement
Newton at pg is scary , he doesn't have that mentality at all.

He needs a jumper badly , the second half the of the season he wasn't nearly as efficient.

His scouting report is out , goes hard right majority of the time , then shoots a floater . No threat of mid range jumper or deeper . Decision making is suspect and not a great handle .

If you noticed Nova started trapping more every time he entered the game . To me he's a all or nothing type player, he'll either get you 16 and control the game or get you 4 and be disengaged, or frustrated. Feast or famine.

Not saying he can't improve but I'm not confident in him being the point at the moment .

Well, we do have the Aussie coming in who is going to be a stud. Brown can also play PG. And to those who are worried about FR. playing right away, Larkin started 19 games as a true frosh.

StateOfTheU.com ‏@TheStateOfTheU 6m6 minutes ago
After the 2013 season, it was "man...what are we gonna do?"

After this season, it's "man...WHICH LINEUP will we choose to play?"

Different

Advertisement
El Brow weighs in

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 24m24 minutes ago
Canes fans are excited about Dewan Huell and Bruce Brown next season as they should be, but don't sleep on transfer wing Rashad Muhammad

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 23m23 minutes ago
Have heard a lot of good things about Rashad Muhammad this year. Perimeter-minder scorer who can go get a bucket.

Murphy was real solid in the tournament. Just didn't have help from any other big.

The **** is this guy talking about?

I think Newton, Brown, Reed, Huell, Murphy would be a nice starting 5 those are our most talented guys but that lineup really lacks shooting

Don't understand the Murphy hate. He was arguably our best defender for most of the season and was probably the toughest guy on the team. There is zero chance he doesn't start next year

Advertisement
From Davon

We've made a lot of history this year, and there is a lot more history that's going to be made for this program...

StateOfTheU.com ‏@TheStateOfTheU 6m6 minutes ago
After the 2013 season, it was "man...what are we gonna do?"

After this season, it's "man...WHICH LINEUP will we choose to play?"

Different

Very true. The 13-14 team had no one. Might have been Coach L's best coaching job. Finished over .500 and won at UNC.

Advertisement

If no one transfers he's the 11th guy in the rotation, if you even call it that. If he doesn't RS, he's seeing action against Stetson and Central Texas Tech.

He will be ahead of Izuzu by the end of the year. He's raw but an elite athlete at the 5.

Nobody is redshirting on next year's team. Coach L is going to let them compete and the worst players (James Palmer), just won't play

I respect your opinion, but it sounds to me like you haven't watched Miller play that much. Miller is far from elite and could greatly benefit from a redshirt year. He didn't even start for Oak Hill (I know, they are a top notch HS program). But still, if he was an elite 5, he would have garnered more minutes. I watched Oak Hill the couple times they were on ESPN this year and came away very unimpressed. There was another poster on here that went to a tournament that Oak Hill was in and he echoed the same sentiments.

I think that Coach L has a great guy that he can mold in Miller. But he will not have much of an impact next year.

I hope that we don't get hit with the transfer bug like last year. I know that has kind of become common practice in college hoops now. We need to keep as much of this team together as possible.

I respect your opinion, but it sounds to me like you haven't watched Miller play that much. Miller is far from elite and could greatly benefit from a redshirt year. He didn't even start for Oak Hill (I know, they are a top notch HS program). But still, if he was an elite 5, he would have garnered more minutes. I watched Oak Hill the couple times they were on ESPN this year and came away very unimpressed. There was another poster on here that went to a tournament that Oak Hill was in and he echoed the same sentiments.

I think that Coach L has a great guy that he can mold in Miller. But he will not have much of an impact next year.

To expect somebody to go from a backup on his HS team (regardless of how good his HS team is) to starting...in the ACC...as a freshman is absurd.

Advertisement
I hope that we don't get hit with the transfer bug like last year. I know that has kind of become common practice in college hoops now. We need to keep as much of this team together as possible.

Only one I could see transferring is Palmer due to G numbers or if we get a transfer.

Only one I could see transferring is Palmer due to G numbers or if we get a transfer.

Part of me worries about Newton. The late season suspension combined with his tournament effort just rubbed me the wrong way. I hope that I am over analyzing things. But something just didn't seem right with him. Although he can be erratic and a bit one dimensional, we can't afford to lose him.

Newton at pg is scary , he doesn't have that mentality at all.

He needs a jumper badly , the second half the of the season he wasn't nearly as efficient.

His scouting report is out , goes hard right majority of the time , then shoots a floater . No threat of mid range jumper or deeper . Decision making is suspect and not a great handle .

If you noticed Nova started trapping more every time he entered the game . To me he's a all or nothing type player, he'll either get you 16 and control the game or get you 4 and be disengaged, or frustrated. Feast or famine.

Not saying he can't improve but I'm not confident in him being the point at the moment .

Well, we do have the Aussie coming in who is going to be a stud. Brown can also play PG. And to those who are worried about FR. playing right away, Larkin started 19 games as a true frosh.

That's what I'm banking on , the Aussie kid intrigues me at point

El Brow weighs in

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 24m24 minutes ago
Canes fans are excited about Dewan Huell and Bruce Brown next season as they should be, but don't sleep on transfer wing Rashad Muhammad

Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 23m23 minutes ago
Have heard a lot of good things about Rashad Muhammad this year. Perimeter-minder scorer who can go get a bucket.

Wasn't his fg percentage in the 38 % range ? That's pretty bad

I guess he's a " volume scorer " lol

Advertisement
Back