2016-2017 Basketball

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I know this season just ended, and I know there might be transfers and we might pick up another recruit (THE TURK!!) or a transfer, but I'm already excited and want to talk about next year.

PG: Newton
SG: Brown
SF: Reed
PF / C: Murphy
PF / C: Huell
-----------------
F: Lawrence (6th Man)
G: The Aussie
G: Palmer
G / F: Muhammad
C: Uzundu

We'll have growing pains, but we should be an NCAA team again. I will be disappointed if we're not. Reed needs to be more assertive, which I think he will be when he's not the #3 option. Newton needs to play like it's his team, which I hope he can. The freshman need to live up to their hype. Who knows on this one, though I can't wait to see Brown. I can see Lawrence having a jump from year 1 to year 2 like Davon did. I also think people are sleeping on Muhammad. I know San Jose sucked, but kid is a scorer and a shooter. In 2 years he already became SJSU's 3rd all-time 3 point shooter (made 3s).

I don't know who we play non-conference, and we likely won't know for a long time. I'd love it if we continued to play Florida, but we all know how the Crocs work. I do know these are our ACC games

Home/Road: Florida State, Virginia Tech, Duke, NC State
Home: Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, Boston College, Notre Dame
Road: Wake Forest, Virginia, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse

Advertisement
Really hope Newton can develop a jumper of some kind

Won't go as far as saying he sucks like some psychos have, but feel like he was kinda exposed in the tournament. Or maybe he just didn't recover from the suspension

I know this season just ended, and I know there might be transfers and we might pick up another recruit (THE TURK!!) or a transfer, but I'm already excited and want to talk about next year.

PG: Newton
SG: Brown
SF: Reed
PF / C: Murphy
PF / C: Huell
-----------------
F: Lawrence (6th Man)
G: The Aussie
G: Palmer
G / F: Muhammad
C: Uzundu

We'll have growing pains, but we should be an NCAA team again. I will be disappointed if we're not. Reed needs to be more assertive, which I think he will be when he's not the #3 option. Newton needs to play like it's his team, which I hope he can. The freshman need to live up to their hype. Who knows on this one, though I can't wait to see Brown. I can see Lawrence having a jump from year 1 to year 2 like Davon did. I also think people are sleeping on Muhammad. I know San Jose sucked, but kid is a scorer and a shooter. In 2 years he already became SJSU's 3rd all-time 3 point shooter (made 3s).

I don't know who we play non-conference, and we likely won't know for a long time. I'd love it if we continued to play Florida, but we all know how the Crocs work. I do know these are our ACC games

Home/Road: Florida State, Virginia Tech, Duke, NC State
Home: Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, Boston College, Notre Dame
Road: Wake Forest, Virginia, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse

Gators

Newton had 10-4-2 against VT in the ACCT. He scored 19 with 3 assists and 1 board against UVA in the ACCT. He had 10-2-2 against Buffalo. He had 2 points 0 rebounds and 3 assists against Wichita State and Villanova combined. He had a horrible last 2 games, but he was fine in the 3 after the suspension.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Getting more and better players is key for this program to get beyond the Sweet Sixteen. Lucky we are finally getting a good class next season.

Advertisement
There is a 0% chance Miller redshirts. He will play

If no one transfers he's the 11th guy in the rotation, if you even call it that. If he doesn't RS, he's seeing action against Stetson and Central Texas Tech.

He will be ahead of Izuzu by the end of the year. He's raw but an elite athlete at the 5.

By the end of the year he might even be our starting 5.

Nobody is redshirting on next year's team. Coach L is going to let them compete and the worst players (James Palmer), just won't play

There is a 0% chance Miller redshirts. He will play

If no one transfers he's the 11th guy in the rotation, if you even call it that. If he doesn't RS, he's seeing action against Stetson and Central Texas Tech.

He will be ahead of Izuzu by the end of the year. He's raw but an elite athlete at the 5.

By the end of the year he might even be our starting 5.

Nobody is redshirting on next year's team. Coach L is going to let them compete and the worst players (James Palmer), just won't play

Izundu will be ahead of Miller in the rotation. Izundu might be starting.

Advertisement
If Muprhy starts we dont even make the tournament. No talent garbage needs to transfer back to where he came from and let the people with talent play.

Newton at pg is scary , he doesn't have that mentality at all.

He needs a jumper badly , the second half the of the season he wasn't nearly as efficient.

His scouting report is out , goes hard right majority of the time , then shoots a floater . No threat of mid range jumper or deeper . Decision making is suspect and not a great handle .

If you noticed Nova started trapping more every time he entered the game . To me he's a all or nothing type player, he'll either get you 16 and control the game or get you 4 and be disengaged, or frustrated. Feast or famine.

Not saying he can't improve but I'm not confident in him being the point at the moment .

Last edited:
If Muprhy starts we dont even make the tournament. No talent garbage needs to transfer back to where he came from and let the people with talent play.

LOL. Did Murphy bang your chick or something? Dude Murphy is the reason we actually could make a nice run. He was very solid this year for us and with another year of seasoning he will be even better.

Advertisement
Back