2015 DB McFadden is Elite

Watched him and Da'Vante Phillips go at it when Central played Heritage last season. Both had their moments. Da'Vante had a few catches, but McFadden was physical the whole game and covered him well.

Go ask Central who the best CB was in that game though. They won't say McFadden.

Which, again, brings me to my main point. If you're a 5-star CB then...

A) Why aren't you covering opposing team's best WR's?
B) Why are you giving up several catches per game?

And...

C) Why aren't you the best player on the field?

Advertisement
his Junior highlights don't scream 5 star to me but his long rangy athletic frame does, kid has potential to do special things. i see the 5 star rating on his potential not how good he is right now.

If that's the case then I'm coaching a 5-star LB right now. He's 6'3" 210 and very rangy.

You can't issue accolades and stars just based on that garbage and then turn around and issue 3 stars to the kid who led the state in interceptions. (just cause he's 5'10")

I understand that we have different DBs ahead of him and whatever but what's the worse that could happen you offer him a committable scholarship then recruit him (being local) and if he ever puts his size and speed all together he could end up being great. Worse case he's the next Larry Hope and is gone after a couple years. You can't tell me that this kid is a worse prospect than Mayes.

Agree 100% with this.

I'd still take him, no doubt, I just don't agree with the 5-star ranking.

his Junior highlights don't scream 5 star to me but his long rangy athletic frame does, kid has potential to do special things. i see the 5 star rating on his potential not how good he is right now.

If that's the case then I'm coaching a 5-star LB right now. He's 6'3" 210 and very rangy.

You can't issue accolades and stars just based on that garbage and then turn around and issue 3 stars to the kid who led the state in interceptions. (just cause he's 5'10")

i agree with you mane but unfortunately that's how alot of ranks are done

Watched him and Da'Vante Phillips go at it when Central played Heritage last season. Both had their moments. Da'Vante had a few catches, but McFadden was physical the whole game and covered him well.

Go ask Central who the best CB was in that game though. They won't say McFadden.

Which, again, brings me to my main point. If you're a 5-star CB then...

A) Why aren't you covering opposing team's best WR's?
B) Why are you giving up several catches per game?

And...

C) Why aren't you the best player on the field?

Yeah gotta say, 5 star guys should be absolute can't miss players, that WILL be starts at the next level. Or are at least absolute Freaks physically. Guys like Josh Sweat, Malik Jefferson, Khalil McKenzie. But, ESPN only has him as a 4 star, and that's the sight I use, so to me he isn't a 5 start guy. ESPN also has Tyrek Cole ahead of him.

Advertisement
So why does fsu lsu bama want him so bad...all have way better defenses and place a premium on dbs

Cause he's a 6'3" 5-star from South Florida who's heavily involved in the camp circuit, that's why.

Cause they plan to move him to Safety, that's why.

Advertisement
So why does fsu lsu bama want him so bad...all have way better defenses and place a premium on dbs

And since you're going by that logic...

There's plenty of schools with much better defenses than Miami that recruit players from South Florida that we won't even sniff.

There's plenty of schools with much better defenses than Miami that recruit players from South Florida that we won't even sniff.

Wildcat I just find it hard to believe that this guy has over 30 offers from most of the top schools and coaching staffs and talent evaluators in the country and none of them have evaluated his tape before they offered him.

UGA offered Fermin Silva, Antonio Howard, DeAndre Baker, and Shaquery Wilson. Same DC as FSU last year

Advertisement

Wildcat I just find it hard to believe that this guy has over 30 offers from most of the top schools and coaching staffs and talent evaluators in the country and none of them have evaluated his tape before they offered him.

First off...

They don't sit there and watch game film.

Second...

You guys really think these coaches dig deep in their evaluation process. They don't. They look at McFadden and they see a 6'3" kid who's long, rangy and athletic. They watch a little film. They offer. The end.

They're not digging through his game film and evaluating everything he does, looking at his poor ball skills, etc etc etc. The process doesn't go like that.

They find out about him. They watch his highlight tape. They see him in person. (maybe watch him practice) Then they offer.

Most college coaches are simply looking for alpha athletes. They feel like they can coach everything else.

At this point, I don't even know what some of you guys are defending. I'm just saying that he's not an "elite" 5-star CB and that he's a bit overrated.

At this point, I don't even know what some of you guys are defending. I'm just saying that he's not an "elite" 5-star CB and that he's a bit overrated.

I don't anyone is defending any point but it seems like you have some kind of agenda anytime says anything positive about McFadden you replay back about how they are wrong so why is that?

you have stated your opinion over and over you don't think he is elite we get it

Advertisement

First off...

They don't sit there and watch game film.

Second...

You guys really think these coaches dig deep in their evaluation process. They don't. They look at McFadden and they see a 6'3" kid who's long, rangy and athletic. They watch a little film. They offer. The end.

They're not digging through his game film and evaluating everything he does, looking at his poor ball skills, etc etc etc. The process doesn't go like that.

They find out about him. They watch his highlight tape. They see him in person. (maybe watch him practice) Then they offer.

Most college coaches are simply looking for alpha athletes. They feel like they can coach everything else.

Also they might not know who he is guarding like Wildcat seems to. If he is saying he watched most/all games or whatever, and McFadden was Never guarding the offenses best players, than maybe the other schools might not know that. Miami should know these things because it is in our own backyard, but schools like Bama, might not know that the other cb is going against the teams best wr..

Dowels was way better than mcfadden last year, im in agreement with wildcat on this one, the kid is good i just dont see the 5 star in him

I don't anyone is defending any point but it seems like you have some kind of agenda anytime says anything positive about McFadden you replay back about how they are wrong so why is that?

you have stated your opinion over and over you don't think he is elite we get it

No agenda, just tired of seeing subpar kids being sweated, drooled over, issued 5 stars and being called "elite" while kids who work on their craft and are BETTER HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYERS get somewhat ignored and/or issued 3 stars.

Basically just tired of the whole recruiting site culture, or whatever you wanna call it. Guys who never played football in their life issuing stars to kids and calling them elite.

It's nothing personal against McFadden, and it ain't about Dowels, but comparing the two just fits and makes perfect sense. It's a prime example of what I think is wrong with this "system", or shall I say these services.

If McFadden is "elite" then what do you call the kid who racked 9 interceptions and won DPOY in Broward County? If McFadden is "elite" but allowed JC Jackson to score on him twice then what do you call the kid that locks down everybody he covers, including all the elite WR's in South Florida like Lane, Durante, Rushing, Malcolm Lewis, etc? If McFadden is "elite" then what do you call the kid that Mike Rumph describes as "the best kid he's ever coached"?

So basically...kid (A) is elite but kid (B) isn't cause he's only 5'10"?

Maybe we need to give props (and rankings) where they're due and stop issuing kids high statuses based on their stature alone.

If I go to a session of WR/CB 1-on-1's and there's an "elite 5 star" there then I expect him to be far and away the best cover guy on the field. I don't expect a 3-star to be covering WR's better than he did. Just doesn't make sense.

Advertisement
Back