2012 schedule released

The more I look at schedule ... there isn't any game that's not winnable. But outside of Bethune - and maybe @ Duke - there aren't sure-fire wins either.

Advertisement
That's not a bad schedule, but I still hate opening the season with a conference opponent. Also agree with Alex's assessment above

hopefully last years season ending loss will be fresh in their heads

I've given up on the team using embarrassing loses as motivation, otherwise we would have beaten UVA and had a better score than 6-3 vs USF last year. Then again, hopefully Al's guys change this.

7-9 wins.. no more no less..

We're a young team that needs to develop and learn how to win. That KSU game could get ugly.. but we'll benefit from it down the line for adjustment that will be made.

Also - playing 7 god **** weeks straight and THEN on the 8th week play our biggest rivals in FSU is scary as ****. I hope to **** GOLDEN worked these ASSES of in UTOUGH becuase I'll be damned if they ain't gonna need it to go thru that stretch.

Positives are a bye before VT and 9 days before Virginia who we really need to beat this year. Schedule helps with coastal div Games

Won't lose to SFL and Duke..

Wins BC, BCU, GT,NCST, SFL, DUKE, Virg, UNC
Losses KSU, ND, FSU, VT

JC

smh....i think we beat at least one of FSU/VT...i like the by week before VT.

Advertisement
I like the schedule for two reasons. One, we have the harder squads coming to Miami. Two, our buy week isn't in the second week of the season. Al will have to have this team ready for ACC play off the bat and I like that. We'll find out exactly where we're at.

this is a really good schedule all things considered...i agree with alex that there really isnt a game on it we absoultely can't win...I'm not saying we'll go undefeated, but I honestly think if we get our **** together this spring and summer and we see drastic changes in strength and some of the freshman come in very ready to play....well...i'll reserve judgment until that comes out, but i think we may surprise some folks. the ACC is winnable by any team any given year, we all know that. They have alot of work to do, hopefully they make the most of this schedule.

i can see us losing to BC....only because weve had trouble up there going back to when pinky was at the helm.......**** walters to reed happened up there

so thats a game that we should win but dont

k-state wont be anywhere as good as they were this year......and that game is on the road.......but i think we win

buffoon cookman is a scrimmage

weve had trouble in atlanta......and their offense always seems to give everybody the *****.......but we should win that one

then it comes down to ND/VT and F$U..............the rest of the schedule shouldnt pose any problems

i see 8-9 wins

Advertisement
I like that, first 5 are possible wins. Not saying it will happen but that start looks better then the past couple years.

6-7 win season at most...we are far less talented then we were last year at almost every position except QB, TE & CB IMO... Ill be happy with 7-5 2013 we better be a 9 win team

Advertisement
6-7 win season at most...we are far less talented then we were last year at almost every position except QB, TE & CB IMO... Ill be happy with 7-5 2013 we better be a 9 win team

I tend to agree more with your win prediction than the ones saying 8-9, but I would agree we are not better off at CB than last year. Maybe the potential is there, but at the moment, McGee is probably our #1 corner, and that is scary as all ****.

i disagree

while jasorry played much better last year.......i dont know he was any more talented than morris or williams

TE???

you serious clark?

who did we lose to make us more talented last year over this year??

ditto for corner

last year we had finnie as a true frosh who will be back......mcgee......is back and while not a fan....he is a year older......and a couple kids who could/should step and be better than mike williams was

if anything you should have said we would be less talented at WR......and used the fact that you arent confident any of the newcomers could replace streeter and LB using the same argument for tommy.......id still disagree with both......but that isnt the point

Last edited:

I tend to agree more with your win prediction than the ones saying 8-9, but I would agree we are not better off at CB than last year. Maybe the potential is there, but at the moment, McGee is probably our #1 corner, and that is scary as all ****.
mcgee was our #1 corner last year also

i dont like him either......and its just as scary this time around.....but hes still our #1 corner

Advertisement
I see a couple of road losses but we should sweep our hone games.
10-2 at best
we play our 2 toughest games....and 2 toughest rivals in vt and F$U at home 11 days apart

both teams will be very good........i can see us losing 1 or both of those games

crossover22[]_[];287703 said:
I like that, first 5 are possible wins. Not saying it will happen but that start looks better then the past couple years.
of the 1st 5........bc is def the toughest.......weve never had an easy time up there.......just remember walters to reed

k-state wont be as good as last year......but thats also a tough place to play......and weve never had much luck in atlanta.....and that GT offense can give the best teams fits

all 3 of these are games we should win.......but they are also games we could lose just as easily....that said.....i think we take 2 of the 3

I can see the defense carrying this years team. Run defense should be a strength and pass defense should be improved. Offense lacks playmakers but could be steady with Fisch's system. Too early to predict record but I like how the defense is shaping up, especially at dt...if healthy.

Advertisement
Back