2/14 @FSU 6:30 ESPNU

Advertisement
Hey Consigliere you sound like Trump. I'm expressing my opinions and as a former HS basketball coach I know a little about basketball. Newton has great potential but right now he is ONE DIMENSIONAL. When he's not scoring he is a MAJOR LIABILITY. He does not play defense, takes very poor shots, and is the turnover KING! Yeah he the greatest 6th man in the world because **** Vitale says so. Lol

Hey Consigliere you sound like Trump. I'm expressing my opinions and as a former HS basketball coach I know a little about basketball. Newton has great potential but right now he is ONE DIMENSIONAL. When he's not scoring he is a MAJOR LIABILITY. He does not play defense, takes very poor shots, and is the turnover KING! Yeah he the greatest 6th man in the world because **** Vitale says so. Lol

hes the 6th man of the year in the ACC because hes the 6th man in the ACC. Every single announcer says it. Yanno, former nba players & coaches. Kids a stud.

Advertisement

First some housekeeping.

Trump?
Basketball coach, don't give a chit.
Opinions, fine.
*** **** Vitale, he is a potato.

Second, your timing is weird. In the middle of the game you post these "opinions" about a player "digressing". Just weird timing. Do you have an agenda or something? Can a player be off? Bad stretch?

Third, one dimensional. Maybe. He is a good scorer and a 6th man. He comes off the bench and provides a needed spark. He is averaging 12 PPG, 3 RPG and 3 APG off the bench as a sophomore. Since ACC play began, he has scored double digits in 8 out of 12 games. I don't see that as digressing, I see that as playing well during conference play.

Finally, who is a better 6th man this season? What more do you expect for a 6th man?

Last edited:

hes the 6th man of the year in the ACC because hes the 6th man in the ACC. Every single announcer says it. Yanno, former nba players & coaches. Kids a stud.

Yes but what are the HS basketball coaches saying?

Advertisement
Yes, a great win and Coach L is very good coach and has the program rolling. Hope Sheldon is better and get Cruz some Z PAC

We won, they lost fack the Noles. BTW if you look at the team, and college basketball in general, consistency is at best inconsistent, think of some of the games that each of the players have had, and I am sure they have all had bad streak. I am a believer in Newton, he is a player and a Cane, end of story.

Advertisement
I would expect the turnover KING to average a little more turnovers per game than Newton does.

Good win. This conference is such a grind. FSU is what, the 7th or 8th best team in the conference and currently a bubble team? Sheesh!

Advertisement
This was upset weekend! I'm happy to get the road win.
It's so great to have a UM team scratch and fight to get a win.
I hope we are having some serious shoot arounds in practice. This team needs to shoot a lot better at tournament time.
I hope the football team watches this team compete.

Good win. This conference is such a grind. FSU is what, the 7th or 8th best team in the conference and currently a bubble team? Sheesh!

10th before and 10th after. FSU after this week (losing to Cuse and us) will be last four out, still on the bubble.

Let me add, the key word is the poster is a FORMER coach. Newton has been tremendous all year. He's not a good 3 point shooter and he knows that which is why he's only attempted 24 on the season. From the field he's shooting almost 50% which is tremendous for a guard. He shoots a very solid 75% from the charity stripe which he improved significantly from last year (64%). So, he's a smart and efficient scorer (but that's so one dimensional!). He doesn't have the world's greatest assist to turnover ratio 2.6-2.0, but it's not like he's throwing the ball all over the place. On defense, he's not the fastest, but he recovers well, defends the drive well and averages a steal a game.

There's a reason he was a top 50 high school recruit and is being lauded as 6th man of the year. It's not easy to average almost 12 ppg with less than starter minutes as a sophomore in the ACC. All hail the Quan.

Advertisement
Back