With tagovailoa in the portal, here's his tape v. common opponents (Rutgers)

Advertisement
My God, Rutgers is awful. What does that say about this team and Mario

I tried to warn everyone two years ago.

BTW @Ispyin I'm not trying to pull a receipt on you, so apologies in advance if it appears that way - I just had to include the comment I was replying to for context.

20240106_120429.jpg

Last edited:
Critical year for Mario it’s year 3-

Soft as **** 2024 schedule-

Anything less than 9-10 wins he can gtfooh-

Still don’t have a QB-

Rutgers was not as bad as many of you make them out to be. They were 6-6 in the Big Ten. 4 of the losses were aginst ranked teams and 3 of those were to teams ranked in the Top 10 at the end of the year. The RB who ran all over us?......led the Big 10 in rushing, They weren't great or even good, but certainly a decent team,

PS I live in Jersey so go **** yourselves........kidding, Canes are my #1 team and Rutgers is 2........there is no 3.

Advertisement
What about classes at Miami? If he gets a waver after last day to add a class, would he have to wait til summer?

Taulia also has a common opponent with UVA
19/30 342 Yrds 1TD 0INT

TVD: 20/30 163 Yrds 0TD 2INT

*Edited to add video of game

Yeah this guy is vastly superior to Emory/Jacurri.

Mario better hope that waiver gets approved.

Miami had excellent talent at QB? TVD and that guy that transferred to Missouri were over rated

Seems you missed 9/10th of what I wrote and focused on the very last part, when I had only had TVDs record breaking 2021 season to evaluate him as a QB. On the other hand, I had about 8 years of seeing Cristobal coaching at FIU and Oregon, which is why it wasn't difficult to predict why we are where we are right now. Anyone could have seen that evidence, but chose not to.

As for TVD, it's interesting that even after the Gattis debacle, Nick Saban wanted him. And then after this season where the Cristo-bros want to blame TVD and not Dawson, TVD still landed at another P5. So it seems UM fans think they are better at evaluating TVD as a QB than Luke Fickell or Nick Saban.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems you missed 9/10th of what I wrote and focused on the very last part, when I had only had TVDs record breaking 2021 season to evaluate him as a QB. On the other hand, I had about 8 years of seeing Cristobal coaching at FIU and Oregon, which is why it wasn't difficult to predict why we are where we are right now. Anyone could have seen that evidence, but chose not to.

As for TVD, it's interesting that even after the Gattis debacle, Nick Saban wanted him. And then after this season where the Cristo-bros want to blame TVD and not Dawson, TVD still landed at another P5. So it seems UM fans think they are better at evaluating TVD as a QB than Luke Fickell or Nick Saban.
Seems like you didn't interpret what I said. TVD was Sabans 3rd choice after he struck out on the first 2.

Like Fickell ain't no QB savant FOH

Seems like you didn't interpret what I said. TVD was Sabans 3rd choice after he struck out on the first 2.

Like Fickell ain't no QB savant FOH

Phil Longo is Wisconsins OC. He knows QBs. TVD is a good QB for air raid offenses that have simple reads. He's not a NFL QB but he can still be an effective college QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cool. How's he doing in the two years since you made that post?

He's a QB who is best in an Air Raid based system who hasn't been in an Air Raid system for 2 years, so not that great.

Cristobal had a choice when he took over as HC. Have the system fit his players, or have his players fit his system. He chose the latter, especially with Gattis running a painfully slow condensed offense. Maybe it works out in the long run. Right now it's not looking like the wise choice.

I understand why Cristobal didn't want Howard, he is not a Bro Style QB. Cam Ward is much better suited to that. He looks to be off the table. I guessed (looks like correctly) that Taulia would be the next guy on Cristobals QB board as he is well suited to a Bro style offense. TBH, Taulia is a very good system fit so I think it will work out better than many fans expect. Cristobal needs to get him some more weapons though as Taulia isn't capable of winning games single handedly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back