While FSU keeps landing

Competition for elite portal guys is going to surpass competition for 5 star recruits if it hasn’t already happened. Building consistently through the portal alone is only getting harder and more expensive. Guys like Manny Diaz and Mike Norvell who hit the portal hard a few years ago were ahead of the game but it’s a different game now.
It's an expensive potentially dangerous game if it doesn't pan out for you. It's like gambling honestly.

Advertisement
Oh for sure. I’ve got probably 50 posts on this site I can pull up from last year saying I’m very intrigued how this will all work out because nobody has ever built a program like this.

Well, it almost worked. They had a great year. If Travis doesn’t snap his leg, they are in the playoffs. But now what? They lost 6 NFL players this weekend so far and have replaced them with average HS recruiting and nowhere near the level of portal additions they had in the last 2 cycles.

So all this “success” still isn’t working on HS recruits. And what if they go 8-4 this year?

I haven’t followed their portal activity. I know their HS class was ho hum. I also know DJU is no Jordan Travis. Is the rest of their Portal activity not going for them so well this time around? Could be the kiss of death given how weakened their roster is.

Competition for elite portal guys is going to surpass competition for 5 star recruits if it hasn’t already happened. Building consistently through the portal alone is only getting harder and more expensive. Guys like Manny Diaz and Mike Norvell who hit the portal hard a few years ago were ahead of the game but it’s a different game now.

It used to be taboo for a player to transfer to a new school 20 years ago, fast forward to now and we are already seeing an uptick in players now playing for three schools and I expect that trend to continue to go up, especially with the mentioned portal competition.

College football fans wouldn’t be able to handle me as a player, I’d be a sell sword every year in the portal.

I haven’t followed their portal activity. I know their HS class was ho hum. I also know DJU is no Jordan Travis. Is the rest of their Portal activity not going for them so well this time around? Could be the kiss of death given how weakened their roster is.
Good I hope they suck *** for the next 10 years

Advertisement
Back