Scout guys' predictions

RW has been wrong before. He seemed to be knowledgeable, but I'd say Pete has a better understanding of the situation then RW. We'll see.

Advertisement
Wow. I know some people here aren't RW fans, but I've felt like he's always been pretty accurate. That's not good news.

All about who you want to believe. You have guys on here who you listen to who believe Thomas will be a Cane. Almost to a consensus. Even with the craziness of recruiting and the "anything can happen" disclaimer they still are still fairly confident he is coming.

I've followed recruiting for about 20 years. RW, in my opinion, has been one of the more accurate insiders throughout that time period.

RW has been wrong before. He seemed to be knowledgeable, but I'd say Pete has a better understanding of the situation then RW. We'll see.

This is how I feel as well. Random actually said that our coaches were cooling on Bryant yet we're doing an in-home visit, it seems, this Friday.

Here's how you know RW is full of ****: He said Coley is "too close to call." Coley has given our staff the nod that he is coming. It doesn't seem that "close" then. Of course there's the chance Coley changes his mind (not really a chance we get played because Coley doesn't care about that **** and Donnell Bennet isn't going to let that happen) but it doesn't seem to be "too close to call," especially when the only info on ANY of these kids making a decision that has leaked out is Coley. But Coley is "too close to call" and he can tell us about Thomas and all these other guys who more than likely haven't made a decision one way or another yet, lol. So unless Thomas has absolutely told our staff that he isn't coming, RW is full of ****.

Random was the only guy who didn't bite on Gruden, and also the only guy who didn't bite on William Campbell a few years back, IIRC. I agree he's more hesitant than others to stick his neck out there, but I don't recall him being "WRONG" on guys before, ever.

Advertisement
Absolutely no way to slice it....not getting Thomas would be an absolute failure. Every time we argue about "allowing the blue chip local guys to get away" we are basically talking about a Matthew Thomas.

With that said, Random has been wrong before. I'm going to hope that's the case again because out of all our remaining targets...Thomas is THE most important.

You always judge recruiting cycles in 2 year windows...not finishing strong in this one really hurts last years haul since you start getting separation again in your big time talent. To get back to where we use to be it has to be a yearly thing where difference makers are constantly being brought in.

Pete...anything new you've heard?

Advertisement
Wow. I know some people here aren't RW fans, but I've felt like he's always been pretty accurate. That's not good news.

All about who you want to believe. You have guys on here who you listen to who believe Thomas will be a Cane. Almost to a consensus. Even with the craziness of recruiting and the "anything can happen" disclaimer they still are still fairly confident he is coming.

I've followed recruiting for about 20 years. RW, in my opinion, has been one of the more accurate insiders throughout that time period.

Like I said. Its all about who you want to believe. You say he is accurate. Other guys in this thread say he is wrong plenty. Saying a Booker T kid that Miami really wants, specifically a kid with a mom who wants him home so she can actually watch him play isn't signing with Miami is a bold move.

RandomWalk chimed in today and says:

No Thomas, No Bryant, No Robinson

Not sure about Coley

Yes to everyone else

HONESTLY IF COLEY SIGNS WITH US AND THOMAS GOES TO BAMA I CAN LIVE WITH THAT

I am relatively ok losing Thomas ONLY if we get BOTH Collins and Coley....can't afford to lose Thomas AND Collins in my opinion.

I'm not. We would lose the top talent in the state in our backyard two years in a row, possibly to the same OOS school; coached by Satan.

Last edited:
Random was the only guy who didn't bite on Gruden, and also the only guy who didn't bite on William Campbell a few years back, IIRC. I agree he's more hesitant than others to stick his neck out there, but I don't recall him being "WRONG" on guys before, ever.

But here's the thing, Campbell told the coaches he was coming. That's why guys like DMoney said he was coming. Back in the day, Hurtt was BFF's with all of South Florida so everyone knew everything about the commitments those few years. Like, footballcane, who broke numerous commitments said "Campbell to UM!!" The coaches believed he was coming. I get if RW was just being cautious because he was on out-of-state kid, but unless he's some sort of soothsayer insider, he's just playing the percentages and logic. I think he's doing the same thing with Thomas although logic kinda goes against it. Currently the staff believes Coley is coming. But, I'm using logic and not penciling him in yet due to his real interest in FSU and Coley being somewhat of a flake. So unless the staff has been told that Thomas isn't coming, I think RW is just guessing. We'll see if Bakas agrees when he does his next percentage update. I'm very interested to see that, because he has been pushing Alabama for a long time (which makes sense...Stoutland and Ice were on staff together. I'm sure they are good friends and Stoutland is recruiting Thomas.).

Advertisement
I drive by a giant Alabama billboard across from BTW every day. I'm hopeful that Thomas will stay home but Bleacher Report says he's a Tide Lock.

Like swagger said Random is right quite often. I do not recall him being wrong either. In this instance, he also said it was closer the amoeba's balls and they could go either way.

Random get's a bad rap IMO. He's pretty **** accurate. My hope is that he has no real information on Thomas and is reading that as a negative. That said, I think Thomas is huge. Not from an indivudual perspective, but from a perception basis. The reality is I think it really is Bama he is eyeing. I think he's enamored with the Amari Cooper route. I think we need to nip this Bama **** in the butt. We cannot lose the top kid in Dade to Bama two years in a row.

It's funny, because these guys talk the 305, but then we hear about Bama and FSU with guys like Thomas. If I were to get a chance to talk to Thomas I'd ask him if Bolles had offered him a scholarship after his sophmore year to go to Jville and play on the top team in the state would he have taken it? I guarantee he would tell me to politely go **** myself because it's about BTW, and the 305.....Not sure why it changes when it comes to college for these kids.

Advertisement
One thing is certain, come next Wednesday, the real insiders will distinguish themselves and the rest will be running for cover.

LULZ at RandomGhost continuing to perpetuate his fake insider status by mixing in some doom and gloom.

He has no clue where anyone is going. Everyone's guessing. Some guesses are more informed than others, but it's all guesswork on the dudes who are undecided.

Advertisement
Back