Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There's not a big enough mirror to fit you and your agenda into.
Sesame Street Ok GIF

Advertisement
Any successful program will exhaust any resource it can.

The portal will be used heavily by everyone. Saying it isn’t sustainable is correct if you don’t recruit.

Norvell was smart enough to take advantage where others didn’t because had no other choice. He also was extremely lucky with Travis.

Look at all the qb’s that have passed through osu and Oklahoma, Bama and uga.
A lot of success right? But how many qb’s actually were teken in the past 10 years in total by those programs?. The hit rate is extremely low even when recruiting at a high level.

The frontrunners were slow to the new phenomenon but not anymore.
The portal has a higher hit rate than recruiting but doesn’t guarantee 100% success rate.

Eventually you will see a player in the portal that nobody wanted but ended up at a lower level p4 program and balls out.
Just like certain g5 players end up in the draft and just like certain 5th round picks end up as pro bowlers.

Think about all the day 1 picks that were busts in the nfl.

The portal is just another recruiting cycle with college tape. Only a handful of players can really be called “sure thing can’t miss”. And those players are getting called and tampered with by programs with very lucrative nil.
For that reason alone you can’t just depend on the portal to get you those types of players and have enough depth to play against teams doing the same thing . Especially when they are getting better talent in high school and portal.

Any successful program will exhaust any resource it can.

The portal will be used heavily by everyone. Saying it isn’t sustainable is correct if you don’t recruit.

Norvell was smart enough to take advantage where others didn’t because had no other choice. He also was extremely lucky with Travis.

Look at all the qb’s that have passed through osu and Oklahoma, Bama and uga.
A lot of success right? But how many qb’s actually were teken in the past 10 years in total by those programs?. The hit rate is extremely low even when recruiting at a high level.

The frontrunners were slow to the new phenomenon but not anymore.
The portal has a higher hit rate than recruiting but doesn’t guarantee 100% success rate.

Eventually you will see a player in the portal that nobody wanted but ended up at a lower level p4 program and balls out.
Just like certain g5 players end up in the draft and just like certain 5th round picks end up as pro bowlers.

Think about all the day 1 picks that were busts in the nfl.

The portal is just another recruiting cycle with college tape. Only a handful of players can really be called “sure thing can’t miss”. And those players are getting called and tampered with by programs with very lucrative nil.
For that reason alone you can’t just depend on the portal to get you those types of players and have enough depth to play against teams doing the same thing . Especially when they are getting better talent in high school and portal.

It would suck to be a G5 team with a talented roster or even a playoff level FCS team.

Advertisement
I’m confused here, last time I checked when we were rolling we had draft pick after draft pick sitting behind other draft picks and battling. That included transfers too. Not just guys we recruited. As far as I’m concerned if I can grab somebody and instantly make a position group better then you do it and if somebody has a problem with competition and getting better then they can be shown the door.

If we land Brown that's the top QB, top RB, and one of the top WRs in the portal. Not bad. In a perfect world I'd love for us to add a starting caliber TE and G but I don't think there are a lot of options there.

Now defense is a different story, but we'll also add pieces there.

If we land Brown that's the top QB, top RB, and one of the top WRs in the portal. Not bad. In a perfect world I'd love for us to add a starting caliber TE and G but I don't think there are a lot of options there.

Miami isn’t even looking for a TE

Advertisement

Don't see a need for a starting TE. By all accounts Arroyo is finally healthy and back to the form that made him a top recruit. Riley Williams after a full year of experience and development is also supposed to be ready to take the next steps and show why he was a top recruit. Then we have Lofton as the TE/FB/RB to confuse defenses.

Don't see a need for a starting TE. By all accounts Arroyo is finally healthy and back to the form that made him a top recruit. Riley Williams after a full year of experience and development is also supposed to be ready to take the next steps and show why he was a top recruit. Then we have Lofton as the TE/FB/RB to confuse defenses.
I think Lofton is more or less a full time RB at this point although maybe Martinez changes that thinking some.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back