Raising Canes: Secret Life of Allen Hurns

Earning a scholarship to a university to play football isn't about going to the NFL, it's about getting a quality education.

Is that why players leave school early and enter the NFL draft???

EVERY D-1 player thinks they're going to the NFL, whether they get a "quality education" or not.

Advertisement
at 7:25 Hurns leaves Howard in the dustiest of dust on that post.

great vid.

Advertisement
Great video on Hurns. Noticed in the scrimmage video that Howard was playing press man against Hurns but didn't even try to bump him at the line. Still don't understand why Coach No D has players play up on the line but not bump the WR. Makes no sense

Love these videos. On top of getting the fans closer to the program and showing the program in a positive light, it reminds us all that there's more to this team than just football. We have some great players on this team. It's going to be a fun ride.

I seen it jus putting that out their because Golden gets credit for guys on the team that he didn't recruit or find.. Neggin somebody come on grow up bra

Maybe you should be giving Golden credit for being WILLING to come to a school with a program at the lowest mark its been in its storied history with players that have a sense of entitlement and flat out suck. That should do it. Oh yeah and The seniors on this team now and the ones that just graduated owe ALL of their success to Golden and his staff for reminding those guys what it takes to be a successful football player.

Advertisement
I seen it jus putting that out their because Golden gets credit for guys on the team that he didn't recruit or find.. Neggin somebody come on grow up bra

Maybe you should be giving Golden credit for being WILLING to come to a school with a program at the lowest mark its been in its storied history with players that have a sense of entitlement and flat out suck. That should do it. Oh yeah and The seniors on this team now and the ones that just graduated owe ALL of their success to Golden and his staff for reminding those guys what it takes to be a successful football player.

No way it was the lowest mark and no way that the program has always been "storied." We've only been storied for about thirty years, and that's not the majority of UM's years of playing football. We've had much worse teams than we did Shannon's last year. I guarantee you. It's just because we've been spoiled the last three decades, expecting to be at the very top. Actually, we kept on coaches who did much worse than Coker and Shannon.

No way it was the lowest mark and no way that the program has always been "storied." We've only been storied for about thirty years, and that's not the majority of UM's years of playing football. We've had much worse teams than we did Shannon's last year. I guarantee you. It's just because we've been spoiled the last three decades, expecting to be at the very top. Actually, we kept on coaches who did much worse than Coker and Shannon.

I guess you just kinda misinterpreted me. By storied history I meant in our lifetimes (The past 30, 35 years). I didn't really think anyone would nitpick (sp?) that so I refrained from being wordy and going into detail about exactly what I meant by "storied history." I would definitely classify the last 35 years of this program as a storied history. 5 National Championships and the fact that ESPN zeroed in on a documentary about a few decades of hurricanes football is usually enough to classify its entire history as storied, in my opinion. I don't really care about dating all the way back to the first years of Miami football.

And I just personally think that Shannon left this team at the lowest point its been in recent history just because of the sense of entitlement these kids had. Who knows, maybe Shapiro had more to do with that sense of entitlement than we may know, but as far as I am concerned Randy was a non-chalant Coach and when a team has a ****** mentality and sense of entitlement nothing else will come together on the field.

I'm also 21 so you guys can feel free to disagree since you all have a longer history of the Canes than I do probably.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back