QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Brother you know what my sentiment is “ expect nothing and that way you will never be let down then when what you hoped for does happen you can enjoy it.”

It’s a lot easier that way…
1704475677362.gif

I wouldn't mind him at this point considering the other options but how likely is this waiver? I don't know the situation. Anyone know the basis for him asking for another season
I have no clue but the people that don’t want Tua, why is that. Is it because they have watched him enough to know he isn’t good. My point is he is the all time big 10 passing leader probably for a reason.

I have no clue but the people that don’t want Tua, why is that. Is it because they have watched him enough to know he isn’t good. My point is he is the all time big 10 passing leader probably for a reason.
For me I’ve watched him a lot and I’m just not impressed. People want to point at his OC’s but the reality is Locksley is a brilliant offensive mind and has a massive role in that offense, and schemes up some beauties.

He’s first all time in passing yards in a conference that’s known for not throwing the ball a ton, and he’s 7th all time in attempts. Volume stats are a terrible way of evaluating a QB, especially since passing yards have continued to boom. Go look at the names in the top 20 for the B1G all time passing yards from the last decade and tell me how impressed you are with those names.

Advertisement
For me I’ve watched him a lot and I’m just not impressed. People want to point at his OC’s but the reality is Locksley is a brilliant offensive mind and has a massive role in that offense, and schemes up some beauties.

He’s first all time in passing yards in a conference that’s known for not throwing the ball a ton, and he’s 7th all time in attempts. Volume stats are a terrible way of evaluating a QB, especially since passing yards have continued to boom. Go look at the names in the top 20 for the B1G all time passing yards from the last decade and tell me how impressed you are with those names.

Exactly. Look at all of those Texas Tech guys from back in the day.

Advertisement
Why not grant li'l bro. another year of eligibility? The NCAA and 'being reasonable' are mutually exclusive.
Yeah, everybody should get another year eligibility(in his case another another) - maybe we can see if Ken Dorsey is free

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s the weakest I’ve seen in a long time. But it’s Mario and I can see 6 loses.

My point it has to do more with our inabilities than our opponents and I don’t trust this QB room. How could you? I don’t trust this staff

6 potential losses with my logic as of now:

- Florida (They have a better QB. Home game)

- Louisville (Do I need to explain).

- FSU (Toss up game regardless of season).

- Duke (Because we are cursed and Karma always finds us)

- VT - Kyrone Drones at QB scares me. Young stud QB/Dual Threat nightmare.

- Syracuse (Better QB/Road game)
The middle 4 worry me. But really I don’t know if we can say anything worthwhile about SU or UF. Both have a ton of variables working against them. UF appears to be a sinking ship and Syracuse has first time HC.

This year’s Miami team was really only out of one game all year, UNC, and that’s playing really undisciplined football. Is this Mario’s mean or is the teams he fielded at Oregon closer to his baseline?

Mario’s screwup notwithstanding, decent QB play makes the FSU, GT, UVA games closer to what we saw against TAMU. I fully expect Mario this **** the bed at least twice on Saturdays every season. Limiting turnovers and not compounding them into full on meltdowns is what this team needs more than anything.

I wouldn't have a problem if Miami ended up with him either.
He has experience. He's seen the SEC and BIG10 teams. He went through a few training camps with Saban before he spent time with Locksley. If he's anything like his brother his work ethic is top notch. Is he exciting to watch? IDK. Probably not as exciting as many would like to see. But he will be able to manage the game and make the decisions needed.

Mario needs to win games this upcoming season.

Ok. Yeah. That’s what I thought. He can fight that for sure.
he can fight it but I don't see how he wins it considering the rule has been well known for a while and you'd be opening pandora's box. What if a wr plays in 5 games but only gets a pass thrown to him in 3 of those games should he also be allowed to redshirt? I get they will try to argue the Duke game he handed the ball off one time and th Rb broke for a 40yd td so that shouldn't cost him his rs but that was the first game of season and he played 4 more after that. Imo if that was game 5 you have a good argument but the 1 play no stat game being game 1 of the 5 makes it hard to see the NCAA giving him a waiver.

Advertisement
Back