QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

It’s the weakest I’ve seen in a long time. But it’s Mario and I can see 6 loses.

My point it has to do more with our inabilities than our opponents and I don’t trust this QB room. How could you? I don’t trust this staff

6 potential losses with my logic as of now:

- Florida (They have a better QB. Home game)

- Louisville (Do I need to explain).

- FSU (Toss up game regardless of season).

- Duke (Because we are cursed and Karma always finds us)

- VT - Kyrone Drones at QB scares me. Young stud QB/Dual Threat nightmare.

- Syracuse (Better QB/Road game)
I just don’t see losses to more than 1 of the Duke/VT/Cuse games. Two new head coaches and VT is wildly inconsistent.

I’m not saying I want to go into next year with Brown as the starter. But I do think even if we did the win total would go up strictly off the schedule.

Advertisement
Not NCAA fault. Saban knows RS rule. I'm behind NCAA on this rule.
I think you're Missing my point. It wasn't the kids fault. It was a coach at a school who should have known better. If the NCAA won't grant him another year then sue is my point.

The kid was taken advantage of by a professional. What is the kid going to do, tell Nick Saban on the sideline he isn't going in the game?? Parents are in the stands they are helpless.

I’m not predicting 10 losses, but every game next year outside of FAMU and Ball State is one we can lose if we don’t add a QB.
I agree, playing without a quarterback has risks

Frankie Drake Mysteries Meow GIF by Ovation TV

Advertisement
I just don’t see losses to more than 1 of the Duke/VT/Cuse games. Two new head coaches and VT is wildly inconsistent.

I’m not saying I want to go into next year with Brown as the starter. But I do think even if we did the win total would go up strictly off the schedule.
My advice:

It’s easier to set the expectations low and be surprised than set yourself up for disappointment because this staff has not earned the right for any of us to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don’t do it to yourself.

You going to tell Nick Saban on the sideline you're not going in the game? Ha that's funny

Right. Of course not. Never did see reason he left Bama so maybe that figured into it?

Didn't some RB transfer into Miami cause of similar reason? Old school burned his RS??

My point is this would be one of the toughest to get waiver.

Advertisement
**** am i a mope? Lol

I think you are pretty balanced…mostly you’ll call it like you see it, play by play… you aren’t going to look at a username and bow down or agree or disagree based on who it is…

It’s the weakest I’ve seen in a long time. But it’s Mario and I can see 6 loses.

My point it has to do more with our inabilities than our opponents and I don’t trust this QB room. How could you? I don’t trust this staff

6 potential losses with my logic as of now:

- Florida (They have a better QB. Home game)

- Louisville (Do I need to explain).

- FSU (Toss up game regardless of season).

- Duke (Because we are cursed and Karma always finds us)

- VT - Kyrone Drones at QB scares me. Young stud QB/Dual Threat nightmare.

- Syracuse (Better QB/Road game)
Are you forgetting that we are Manny's ex-employer? He's never beaten one of them.

Advertisement
I have been clear, like many others - Should’ve pivoted from Ward to Howard the moment he went on FSU visit. But that is done.

Taulia is a decent QB. I’d put him on the level of TVD at best without the arm, but he has experience and good stop gap.

What is worse for me is the process of how we got here and the path Mario took. It’s been concerning and it’s even more concerning now.

Better hop that waiver gets approved for that 5th game Taulia played in which he got 3 kneel downs or something like that to blow his redshirt. **** move by Alabama when that happened.

View attachment 277086
That’s a lot of picks

I think you're Missing my point. It wasn't the kids fault. It was a coach at a school who should have known better. If the NCAA won't grant him another year then sue is my point.

The kid was taken advantage of by a professional. What is the kid going to do, tell Nick Saban on the sideline he isn't going in the game?? Parents are in the stands they are helpless.
@Tony4Canes - I don’t want to talk out of my *** on this one like I did earlier.

2019 - played 3 games (so redshirt year, right?) Unless some game here is not listed as him playing and ESPN & Sports Reference is not counting. I thought this was the year the kneel downs happened but maybe not.

1704474676899.png

1704474898585.png

2020 - Transfers and plays in 4 games. COViD year so shouldn’t count - right?

1704474730716.png

2021, 2022, 2023 - That’s 3 years. If he played in 24 - Wouldn’t that be his 4th?

Advertisement
@Tony4Canes - I don’t want to talk out of my *** on this one like I did earlier.

2019 - played 3 games (so redshirt year, right?) Unless some game here is not listed as him playing and ESPN & Sports Reference is not counting. I thought this was the year the kneel downs happened but maybe not.

View attachment 277112

View attachment 277114

2020 - Transfers and plays in 4 games. COViD year so shouldn’t count - right?

View attachment 277113

2021, 2022, 2023 - That’s 3 years. If he played in 24 - Wouldn’t that be his 4th?

As others have said, he played in two games where he only kneeled down on top of those three equally five.

My advice:

It’s easier to set the expectations low and be surprised than set yourself up for disappointment because this staff has not earned the right for any of us to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don’t do it to yourself.

Brother you know what my sentiment is “ expect nothing and that way you will never be let down then when what you hoped for does happen you can enjoy it.”

It’s a lot easier that way…

Advertisement
Back