QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

This is my thing..The way he’s handled this is gross to who? To miami fans?? How is him doing wtf he wants gross to anyone??? Who tf are we to say he isn’t close to the player him and his family thinks, wtf are else are they supposed to think??? Duh they think the highest of him, whether it’s unrealistic or not depends on who is willing to entertain it and..

Just stop.

Unfortunately, most of our fan base sees "Player enters Portal" and "Player makes final decision", and then they complain if it doesn't go our way on the second part. But there is a lot happening in between those two public events. A lot. And that is the part that is "gross" with this particular recruit.

Stop giving @Cribby a hard time for expressing his honest take on the part of the process that most fans haven't seen. Cribby is right.

Ultimately, I don't care if Ward picks UM or not, that's not what I would comment on. But negotiating more than one agreement, only to back out each time? That's just crap.

Advertisement
It's mostly Mario's fault for sure but it sounds like his camp basically came to an agreement with no mention of the NFL as an option and then dripped that bomb later after other options for Miami were closed. He shouldn't get a pass but yeah, Mario is the true dip**** here.
I understand that part but once that came up howard should have been on line 1 immediately whether it was serious or not

And im someone who thinks ward is WAY BETTER than howard

I’m not pursuing him so I’m not a dumbass. What I find gross is my opinion , they handled this horribly . So did Miami. . It’s over .

Moving On.
Not calling u a dumbass lol im just saying we cant judge how they have handled it, when u have leverage u can do wtf u want but the trick is the landing spot doesn’t have to stick around but when they do u can really do wtf u want.

I respect your opinion but this just seems like business to me, both sides doin what they want

Just stop.

Unfortunately, most of our fan base sees "Player enters Portal" and "Player makes final decision", and then they complain if it doesn't go our way on the second part. But there is a lot happening in between those two public events. A lot. And that is the part that is "gross" with this particular recruit.

Stop giving @Cribby a hard time for expressing his honest take on the part of the process that most fans haven't seen. Cribby is right.

Ultimately, I don't care if Ward picks UM or not, that's not what I would comment on. But negotiating more than one agreement, only to back out each time? That's just crap.
Didn’t know u was cribby lawyer or bodyguard lol..ill make sure next time i wanna speak to him ill hit u up lol

Didn’t know u was cribby lawyer or bodyguard lol..ill make sure next time i wanna speak to him ill hit u up lol

You're wrong. And uninformed. And you express it by attacking posters, instead of listening and learning and acknowledging that your knee-jerk reactions are not related to what actually happened.

Advertisement
Cam Ward is giving me Rashada vibes, meaning he is going to negotiate himself out of any good deal.

I don’t think his family gives a **** about Miami’s timeline or Spring ball. He wants to play in the Shrine Bowl and raise his draft stock, and if in February he’s still not getting a great draft grade then he wants the option to go to Miami.

But if Taulia’s waiver goes through then Miami can move on and Ward will have lost his spot here

I understand that part but once that came up howard should have been on line 1 immediately whether it was serious or not

And im someone who thinks ward is WAY BETTER than howard
How do you know he wasn't? Cribby said we would have taken Howards commitment at any time.

You're wrong. And uninformed. And you express it by attacking posters, instead of listening and learning and acknowledging that your knee-jerk reactions are not related to what actually happened.
Who did i attack??? Why are u more offended by what i said than cribby??? He’s a grown *** man bruh relax he doesn’t need u putting on a cape it was a simple disagreement

Advertisement
How do you know he wasn't? Cribby said we would have taken Howards commitment at any time.
I could be wrong, but cribby did say ward has been mario guy if im not mistaken

I was one that was saying howard wasn’t this lock everyone thought but **** turn up the heat on him or others when ward start getting hesitant

Who did i attack??? Why are u more offended by what i said than cribby??? He’s a grown *** man bruh relax he doesn’t need u putting on a cape it was a simple disagreement

You're barking there, hit dog. You're projecting feelings and emotions that nobody expressed. Nobody is "offended".

Advertisement
Just stop.

In no way is this meant to say this isn’t accurate, but if the Ward’s negotiated multiple agreements—which I believe—what in the **** were we doing by continuing to negotiate and pursue him?!? That’s just mind blowing to me. Given the financial resources we have for a qb, we essentially let ourselves get bossed out of a position of strength by a recruit, who if we’re being honest, isn’t that much better than some of the options that were available when the portal first opened.

Him not coming here is the best thing imo. Nothing to do with his ability. But for me, watching what all those FSU portal players did after the playoff snub, im highly weary of players from the portal who are transferring. Im all for NIL and player freedom etc but just like i thought we should have done with TVD after he pulled his stunt after spring practice. U get the **** on. As a serious player, u vet your options, make a decision and move on. Shooting a documentary and all that. No

Wasnt that the same thing Cormani was doing? The main thing stops being the main thing.

Advertisement
Ward is maybe a notch above Salter in ability and potential, but has taken this process to the extreme, acting as if he's some generational talent. That gives off bad vibes about his leadership and thought process, which are important QB traits.
Fair enough. I personally think the gap is more sizable but that’s definitely debatable. And the reality is, it’s supply and demand. Ward can play this game because relative to the field, he might as well be a generational talent. Otherwise none of this would still be happening.

As for bad vibes and thought process, wasn’t Salter originally kicked out of Tennessee for robbing a teammate and then getting a drug charge?

Fair enough. I personally think the gap is more sizable but that’s definitely debatable. And the reality is, it’s supply and demand. Ward can play this game because relative to the field, he might as well be a generational talent. Otherwise none of this would still be happening.

As for bad vibes and thought process, wasn’t Salter originally kicked out of Tennessee for robbing a teammate and then getting a drug charge?
I wasn’t aware of the robbing a teammate thing, just the weed possession. If true, yikes.

I’m not pursuing him so I’m not a dumbass. What I find gross is my opinion , they handled this horribly . So did Miami. . It’s over .

Moving On.
Of the 4 QB's we are after, Ward is the only one I don't want. He is good, but I am afraid he would be a cancer in the locker room. The way he has handled this process, he may think he is more privileged and better than the rest of the team. The other three would be better leaders for the team and two of them are better QB's, I (we) don't know much about the Albany kid. I only wished Mario would see this, because the '24 season is make or break for him. With a good season, he will be able to retain the studs in his '23 and '24 classes and recruit a great '25 class.

Advertisement
Back