QB Matthew Sluka 1 yr rental

mik303

'99 Grad in San Antonio
Premium
QB Matthew Sluka from Holy Cross is a great one year rental option compared to Poffen McStuffins. 5th year SR. 6'2, 220lbs. Won't break the NIL bank.

2023 stats
122/197, 62% 20 TDs 5 ints passing
1200+yards , 9TDs Rushing

Solid. Low mistakes. Mature. We need a 4th scholly QB. Last 2 seasons the Canes used 3 QBs due to injuries.

Advertisement
Advertisement
QB Matthew Sluka from Holy Cross is a great one year rental option compared to Poffen McStuffins. 5th year SR. 6'2, 220lbs. Won't break the NIL bank.

2023 stats

Solid. Low mistakes. Mature. We need a 4th scholly QB. Last 2 seasons the Canes used 3 QBs due to injuries.

You don't need an NIL bank for what's left in the portal.

Do you have an a actual opinion or are you just the data police squad?
I’m sure discussions in here

IMG_1530.gif

Advertisement

2023 stats

I'll bite.

If you're talking about taking him as a backup and depth guy, then yeah I get it. But if its as a starter? **** NO.

Think of it this way. If Mario fired Addae and replaced him with a Holy Cross coach, wouldn't you be at least a little concerned? QB is way more important than a position coach.

Sluka should NEVER be under consideration to be our QB.

Advertisement
I think this dude's decent.

But I'm looking at his bio, and I'm worried about whether he's a....

.....CULTURE FIT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'll bite.

If you're talking about taking him as a backup and depth guy, then yeah I get it. But if its as a starter? **** NO.

Think of it this way. If Mario fired Addae and replaced him with a Holy Cross coach, wouldn't you be at least a little concerned? QB is way more important than a position coach.

Sluka should NEVER be under consideration to be our QB.
You are right. Let all 4 QBs battle it out. We need 4 on scholly and at least 3 that you can trust to take a snap in a game. The Canes haven't had QB depth in years.

Advertisement

2023 stats

Would be an interesting kid to look at. I've been dropping his name for weeks as a solid option. Now, given the circumstances his stock went up even higher in my book. Had him as a dark horse type for us behind Brendan Sorsby.

Advertisement
Back