Potential Portal DB’s (CB’s & S’s only)

Advertisement
Whats the current ranking with the cb’s that have entered?? Or at least top 5 on our board

Corners and safeties entered in so far have been underwhelming maybe two safeties out there worth a take no corners
I think you’ve got to (unfortunately) lower your expectations. Not saying we gotta sign scrubs but we have a ton of needs across the two deep including a starting QB which ain’t cheap.

Add in our needs at DL, WR, C, TE, potentially LB and that **** adds up quick. Especially the DL needs.

I’d rather invest in the DL and take three solid starters (1 CB and 2 S). I’ll gladly take a Phillip Dunham and Savion Riley with a Corey Thornton.

I don’t think guys like that turn those rooms elite but they really solidify the backend.

I think you’ve got to (unfortunately) lower your expectations. Not saying we gotta sign scrubs but we have a ton of needs across the two deep including a starting QB which ain’t cheap.

Add in our needs at DL, WR, C, TE, potentially LB and that **** adds up quick. Especially the DL needs.

I’d rather invest in the DL and take three solid starters (1 CB and 2 S). I’ll gladly take a Phillip Dunham and Savion Riley with a Corey Thornton.

I don’t think guys like that turn those rooms elite but they really solidify the backend.
I disagree don’t think we have a ton of needs across the board I’m fine with only bringing in one starter at safety and letting Harris hold down the other spot nothing that has entered at the corner position is better than what we have now DT and quarterback is a different discussion

Advertisement

Reaction Surprised GIF

You think he should get another shot here this year or move on?
Literally haven’t seen someone commit PIs at such a high rate since I used to watch Stanford Routt with the Raiders…

Given our lack of involvement with any portal cbs (at least it appears that way + them saying they were happy with our top 3) maybe we should hope he sticks and solves his PI problems. Hopefully Stafford steps up too
If he's not going start, then I'm not sure what value he has other than keeping Damari here.

I think he can play & has good coverage skills, it may just be a matter of him being upset that he didn't start. Idk exactly what went wrong, but I don't trust the DB staff to fix whatever his issues were.

So it would probably be best for him to leave if he wants to play, but maybe not best for us if we want to keep Damari.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Facts. If we land an impact QB & DT that will be very expensive. Adding a couple decent db's, a WR, and IOL will be more than adequate IMO.

Question - with Patterson and possibly Mincey coming in - have to assume at least one will garner significant safety snaps I would think. We do still have some rostered safties - if we go to the portal for safety - I’d think we would have to go for a surefire starter (not a depth piece) correct?

Question - with Patterson and possibly Mincey coming in - have to assume at least one will garner significant safety snaps I would think. We do still have some rostered safties - if we go to the portal for safety - I’d think we would have to go for a surefire starter (not a depth piece) correct?
Correct.

You don't go into next season with 2 True Freshmen as your starting Safeties.

Advertisement
Back