Miami Hurricanes Land Top JUCO Offensive Tackle Markel Bell

Advertisement
It’ll sort itself out. Mario and Mirabal make it a point to train people at multiple positions for their benefit and for the team

No doubt we’ll have the best 5 on the field next year and we’ll be another top 5 OL

View attachment 264086

Markel Bell, the highly-touted four-star offensive tackle from Holmes Community College, has announced his commitment to the Hurricanes. Bell's decision came on the heels of his official visit to Coral Gables last weekend, which seemingly sealed the deal for the gifted lineman.

At 6-8.5 and a commanding 340 pounds, Bell dominates the line of scrimmage with a rare combination of size and agility. His physical attributes and on-field prowess have earned him the distinction of being the number one ranked junior college offensive tackle in the nation, as well as the number five overall junior college player—a testament to his skill set and potential at the next level.

Miami's triumph in securing Bell's commitment is all the more significant given the fierce competition they faced. Bell, a native of Cleveland, Mississippi, was heavily recruited by notable programs, most notably Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
This could be the same type impact pick up like Lee & Cohen were last year

Advertisement
It’ll sort itself out. Mario and Mirabal make it a point to train people at multiple positions for their benefit and for the team

No doubt we’ll have the best 5 on the field next year and we’ll be another top 5 OL

Competition breeds greatness, iron sharpens iron, as the sayings go. Look at what Bain has done to the rest of the DL. We need to be a team that sits 5 stars who aren’t ready if we want to be an NC again.

Advertisement
OT but is Minaya’s footwork improving at all? I know that was the knock on him, that he leans on guys.
I haven’t watched any film since those original arguments of “take or nah,” I recall thinking that I could without much concern picture this staff making him into a strong one direction player, I don’t have a particularly refined eye for it though.

Back in 2018 or 2019 we had someone on here who had some really nice OL breakdowns, that wasn’t Lance; former DIII coach maybe? Broke down Tommy Kennedy when he transferred if I remember correctly.

Not sure if they’re still around but I don’t remember reading anything like his write ups since.

My selling point myself was , I can play anywhere except WR type positions DB get the picture.

Didn’t matter center OG or tackle I knew the position

GOCANES
You're a good guy but this post took me 20 minutes to understand and i have two masters degrees.

Nothing like comparing high school jv days to modern day college football
my brother you have good heart and tremendous sense of humor.

My compliments hats off to you outstanding reply..
Tremendous talent in communication skills , if I would have made it to college you would’ve been my favorite instructor one I’d actually could learn from 🙌🙌🙌

I hold a triple doctorate in Rodney Dangerfields “ Back to School “ movie.

GOCANES

My selling point myself was , I can play anywhere except WR type positions DB get the picture.

Didn’t matter center OG or tackle I knew the position

GOCANES

my brother you have good heart and tremendous sense of humor.

My compliments hats off to you outstanding reply..
Tremendous talent in communication skills , if I would have made it to college you would’ve been my favorite instructor one I’d actually could learn from 🙌🙌🙌

I hold a triple doctorate in Rodney Dangerfields “ Back to School “ movie.

GOCANES
You have to be at least 60. You need help working the internet?

1699117078314.gif

Our OL under previous staffs but then Mario gave them that deer antler sauce

Advertisement
This could be the same type impact pick up like Lee & Cohen were last year

Those dudes were proven college players with accolades already. This is a JUCO dude playing against terrible players. Let’s not get carried away.

Advertisement
Wait, why're some of you writing off Samson? Just because he was a 5 star doesn't mean that he has to be ready in the first year or two.

And who's to say he can't play guard, which could in turn allow us to slide another talented piece to center? That would solve two problems at once.

There's a lot of things you can question Mario on, but I think this staff can mix/match O-line talent with anyone in the country.

Wait, why're some of you writing off Samson? Just because he was a 5 star doesn't mean that he has to be ready in the first year or two.
i don’t think he was ready year 1 but Mario has said all along how good he’s looked. I don’t think in the era of the portal you can expect him to not play the first two seasons and stay. I know the slurpers here do but reality says otherwise given the times.

No one is writing him off. He's very talented, but he needed to add strength to adjust to this level, then he got hurt which put his development back even more.

Impressive. The dude has grown an inch from the second page of this thread to 13. Solid..

And Wario should’ve taken a knee.. dumbazz!

Advertisement
Back