Miami Hurricane Portal and Draft Entrants (updated 11/29)

Brashard deserves to play more. Dawson/TVD misused him, and didn't use CJ, Robby, Ray Ray, Harrell or Skinner at all. Complete waste of talent.
Brashard has great straight line speed, which makes him a strong KR. The issue as a WR is the lack of wiggle in space, suspect hands and poor route running. I actually believe his best position would be as a RB

Advertisement
We care in the sense that we can give extra practices and a game to young players that might in in competition for a starting job next year. Prime example Harris at safety.
Its almost like a pre spring football camp.
That's all this is about. People just don't wanna comprehend this. Unless it's a meaningful bowl then it's about money for the school and 15-20 extra practices to get more reps...

Couldn't trust him as a route runner. Only way to get him the ball was a hand off, screen, trick play, or a slot fade.

Don't think the offense will miss him at all. Robby Washington and Ray Ray can do everything Brashard could do.

I think we miss him most at kick return, but I want to see Chris Johnson or Joseph back there anyway. I think they have more wiggle and top end speed.

If the youngsters were just as good or better, why weren't they playing? It doesn't make sense at all.

"Good TVD" balling out against us would be fairly embarrassing after the last two years of everything being his fault and would look damning for Mario's stellar QB killer reputation...
Or you flip the script... Mario turned a ****** TVD into a very servicable QB twice in one season!

Honestly that's really the main issue. Guys like Brashard would see the field more if we utilized more 10 personnel.

But the fact of the matter is, most coaches aren't going to abandon a system that they believe in just to appease a couple players.
We're undoubtable more explosive with 3/4 WR's on the field but the staff feels that our TE's give us something in the run game. (IMO that's about all they give us)

They were literally replacing Brashard with a limping McCormick on passing 3rd downs. Playing to lose.

Advertisement
We care in the sense that we can give extra practices and a game to young players that might in in competition for a starting job next year. Prime example Harris at safety.
Its almost like a pre spring football camp.
Yeah I totally get that. I'm just saying in reference to TVD. I'm glad he booked out early and didn't drag it out. No need for him in a crap bowl game. Let a young guy play and leave the door wide open for a transfer.

Yea you can’t tell who either coached or played football beyond HS LOL.

if it’s up these guys they would have 10 WRs and a QB

That’s just insulting. I’m not a coach and I wasn’t athletic enough to play beyond high school. But I’ve followed football all my life and was playing pickup games up until my late 40s when I tore my ACL catching a pass.

To answer the question as opposed to being a cuck… I already posted above that we needed to use more vertical, big and speed packages. If we weren’t running between the tackles with 6 OL all the time, sometimes even 7, I think we could have folded these ballers into the snap count and gotten the ball in their hands a lot more often. We should have seen McCormick on less than half the snaps he got. I also strongly believe we went to Restrepo too often. Kid is a rock star but triple coverage?

Even the screens were poorly designed and a scoop and score or pick six waiting to happen. How many slants did we run? How many TE bump and gos? How many RB wheel routes? Answer: way too few and way too late.

Bad offensive bro ball philosophy , bad scheme, bad playcalling and bad execution IMO. This team should have been 10-2 or at least 9-3. And yes, we could easily have spread the ball around more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Any real smoke to X leaving and following TVD or is it closet fsu fan Navarro trying to wish it into reality? He keeps mentioning it.

Advertisement
Back