Maalik Murphy to the portal

Advertisement
5-star QB from Carson CA, goes to Junipero Serra (school has produced some good speed WR's, Marqise Lee, Robert Woods, Paul Richardson & Adoree Jackson).

He's got a really strong arm, .50 cal rifle, throws darts all over the field.

He trains with Danny Hernandez of the QB Collective academy the premier private QB coaching group in Southern Cali. If you're a high ranked superstar QB from the West Coast, there's good chance you'll be coached by Hernandez.

As far as Maalik's interest in Miami, who knows, for a QB as high ranked as him it's too early to get a real read on where we stand giving we just offered him & I don't believe he's ever visited in person (cmiiw). I think he like Lashlee & probably has some good things to say about Miami, but what exactly does that mean in the long run? Only time will tell.

Michigan (lol), Oregon, AZ St, UCLA, Auburn & others will be after him heavy. USC already has a QB committed for their 22 class & after taking 2 in the 21 class I don't think they'll be after him too hard, plus he doesn't really fit the type of QB's USC tends to recruit.

5-star QB from Carson CA, goes to Junipero Serra (school has produced some good speed WR's, Marqise Lee, Robert Woods, Paul Richardson & Adoree Jackson).

He trains with Danny Hernandez of the QB Collective academy the premier private QB coaching group in Southern Cali. If you're a high ranked superstar QB from the West Coast, there's good chance you'll be coached by Hernandez.

As far as Maalik's interest in Miami, who knows, for a QB as high ranked as him it's too early to get a real read on where we stand giving we just offered him & I don't believe he's ever visited in person (cmiiw). I think he like Lashlee & probably has some good things to say about Miami, but what exactly does that mean in the long run? Only time will tell.

Michigan (lol), Oregon, AZ St, UCLA, Auburn & others will be after him heavy. USC already has a QB committed for their 22 class & after taking 2 in the 21 class I don't think they'll be after him too hard, plus he doesn't really fit the type of QB's USC tends to recruit.

He had some glowing things to say about us and Lashlee. He said he's never been here but definitely wants to visit. Said he's "definitely, very interested" in Miami. Which I'm sure is the same thing he'd say about 15 schools right now. Gotta get this ******* virus out of our lives and get this kid to Scarlett's, ASAP.

Thanks man. I saw Osu, Oregon, and Miami were the early favorites. But Osu already got the top ranked qb for 2022 so they are out. It’s early so I guess we will see.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Insane arm talent, at times I wondered how often his receivers drop balls just based on how hard he throws the ball lmao. Seems to have solid footwork, good escapability, and throws accurately on the run. Would’ve liked to see how he does on deep balls to see him put more touch on his passes, but his film doesn’t have many deep balls, maybe a scheme thing I’m not sure.

There’s no question he has the arm strength, he makes NFL throws to the far side of the field effortlessly as a sophomore (!!!). Not many times where he takes off to run, but definitely seems like he has enough mobility to be a threat in that department. I’d love to see more tape on him he’s an exciting prospect no doubt.

Advertisement

Danny is a Lashlee fan.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back