Leonard Taylor... leaving...?

this.

If he's successful as a pro, I will be surprised.

he's a coach killer at the next level. never seen a kid who ever overcomes a consistent lack of effort suddenly turn it on to be an All-Pro in the NFL.
Bingo. That trait of grinding like your life depends on it everyday is not a switch that you can turn on when it's convenient (at least not consistently).

Sure, some players are able to do it in a money year, but that fades when you don't desperately need money anymore.

Advertisement
He didn't finish the year as strong as he should have, IMO. Thought he was just about to turn it on and then he Houdini'd again.

If he can just put it together for a string of games, not just isolated splash plays or splash games, but a string of games...he'd be a much better prospect.

He didn't finish the year as strong as he should have, IMO. Thought he was just about to turn it on and then he Houdini'd again.

If he can just put it together for a string of games, not just isolated splash plays or splash games, but a string of games...he'd be a much better prospect.
The ONLY way that happens, is if he returns for his senior year and shows ON TAPE that he is relentless. Doesn’t take plays off. And is dedicated to improving his consistency.

Otherwise, even when and if he gets drafted, he’s never get to be a “second contract” player. Full stop.

In the NFL, you can be a lot of things. You can make mistakes. You can be an a-hole. But you can’t be lazy.

LT was decent but never lived up to the 5 star ranking. Him leaving only hurts us because we lack depth at DT. If the position was recruited properly on prior years, losing him would literally be a nothing burger

What a place… half the posters **** on the guy, the other half have him as 1st Rounder

Good luck LT…

Advertisement
What a place… half the posters **** on the guy, the other half have him as 1st Rounder

Good luck LT…
possible 1st rounder due to the absolute lack of DTs in the draft plus his athleticism. His actual performance as a whole was disapointing this season - particularly to end the season. I thought he played well to start and middle of the year. But he disappeared a lot, and idk if he was hurt or sat out the last couple. But yeah he definitely seems like a low motor guy that shows flashes. I'd say he's talented enough to be pretty legit, but if he does get a decent/large 2nd contract I'd think he's the type to probably fall off after.

The ONLY way that happens, is if he returns for his senior year and shows ON TAPE that he is relentless. Doesn’t take plays off. And is dedicated to improving his consistency.

Otherwise, even when and if he gets drafted, he’s never get to be a “second contract” player. Full stop.

In the NFL, you can be a lot of things. You can make mistakes. You can be an a-hole. But you can’t be lazy.
Well, that bridge has been crossed...he's seemingly going to the NFL.

I think he'll get a second contract. He's not a scrub. 1st rounder is very rich and I don't think he truly developed into one because of the inconsistency, but if he drops super far (talking late Day 3)...its got to be an injury red flag. Guys like Taylor are usually off the board by end of R3.

Anywhere from 5 to as many as 14 interior defensive linemen have been taken in Day 1, Day 2 over the past (long time). An average of 9.6 interior defensive lineman are drafted in R1-R3 since 2010. Leonard Taylor would be say...11th on your board at iDL?

Advertisement
Back