2025 Jaelyne Matthews OL de-coms from PSU

Advertisement
IMG_0218.jpeg

One of the more electric recruitments involves Toms River (N.J.) North offensive lineman Jaelyne Matthews, who is a one-time Penn State commit but is now focused on Rutgers, Miami and Tennessee.

The 6-5, 305-pound Matthews made an official visit to Rutgers last weekend and he is slated to visit Tennessee June 14-16. This weekend Miami gets a crack as Matthews returns to campus.

The idea of playing for a program with Miami's history, and the chance to return it to prominence, resonates with Matthews. He loves that coach Mario Cristobal's background is on the offensive line, and he has a strong relationship with Hurricanes offensive line coach Alex Mirabel.

There is an element of emotion in the recruitment as well. Matthews was supposed to announce his commitment earlier this week, a date he set shortly after a spring unofficial visit to Tennessee, but he decided to wait and make official visits.

According to sources, if Miami pushes for a commitment it could lead to a decision being made. But if that happens, signing day remains a ways away.

Advertisement
One of the more electric recruitments involves Toms River (N.J.) North offensive lineman Jaelyne Matthews, who is a one-time Penn State commit but is now focused on Rutgers, Miami and Tennessee.

The 6-5, 305-pound Matthews made an official visit to Rutgers last weekend and he is slated to visit Tennessee June 14-16. This weekend Miami gets a crack as Matthews returns to campus.

The idea of playing for a program with Miami's history, and the chance to return it to prominence, resonates with Matthews. He loves that coach Mario Cristobal's background is on the offensive line, and he has a strong relationship with Hurricanes offensive line coach Alex Mirabel.

There is an element of emotion in the recruitment as well. Matthews was supposed to announce his commitment earlier this week, a date he set shortly after a spring unofficial visit to Tennessee, but he decided to wait and make official visits.

According to sources, if Miami pushes for a commitment it could lead to a decision being made. But if that happens, signing day remains a ways away.
Love the sounds of this. Sounds like we are cranking up the heat. This is the kid who said he can guess genders of babies before they're born, right?

I like to call him the New Jersey Nostradamus.

Advertisement
Dropped from TN board. Focusing on David Sanders and IOL
wow... wonder wtf the kid did? D$ says "mutual parting of ways" in that his OV this weekend was canceled legit this week and now TN has dropped out of the race as well? For a top 250 OT? Homeboy did something to scare everyone off. Couple that with D$ saying red flags galore and even a national writer hinting at some issues.

AND not to mention didnt he drop an edit of a top 4 of Tenn, Miami, UGA and Rutgers then moved his commitment date up from July to like next week? Seems like it is Rutgers vs no one. If UM and Tenn said thanks no thanks I can only assume UGA is doing the same.

Advertisement
He needs three to round it out and do the hat dance!

This guy cancelled his OV.

He’s not coming here.
Yeah but the Tenn dude just said Tenn stopped contact either, so he is a lock to UGA then? Not much about him on UGA's board. Unless schools found out he was already committed or something to UGA this whole timeline and last minute changes are wonky.

wow... wonder wtf the kid did? D$ says "mutual parting of ways" in that his OV this weekend was canceled legit this week and now TN has dropped out of the race as well? For a top 250 OT? Homeboy did something to scare everyone off. Couple that with D$ saying red flags galore and even a national writer hinting at some issues.

AND not to mention didnt he drop an edit of a top 4 of Tenn, Miami, UGA and Rutgers then moved his commitment date up from July to like next week? Seems like it is Rutgers vs no one. If UM and Tenn said thanks no thanks I can only assume UGA is doing the same.
I don’t think it’s Rutgers either. Check Volnation post but I think Rutgers is out of it.

Advertisement
Even Brian Dohn (who covers that region for 247) hinted at that on Inside the U. You rarely see those kind of comments from national writers.

Can someone post a summary of what Dohn said?

This sounded suspicious the first time I read it and then I read @DMoney red flags comment shortly thereafter and it became even more suspicious. Based on what @FrostyVFL said, Vols wouldn't let him commit so he pushed back it commitment date and the UM must have gotten the same info the Vols did and canceled his OV.

Nervous Red Flag GIF by CBS

This sounded suspicious the first time I read it and then I read @DMoney red flags comment shortly thereafter and it became even more suspicious. Based on what @FrostyVFL said, Vols wouldn't let him commit so he pushed back it commitment date and the UM must have gotten the same info the Vols did and canceled his OV.

Nervous Red Flag GIF by CBS
So far, Rutgers, vols, and canes all passed. I heard some was from bad camp showings, but gotta be something serious going on beyond that if not even Schiano is taking him at Rutgers

Advertisement
Back