Ereck Flowers

We will find out what Henderson is made of . I was starting to think we would never be in this position again where if you have a little bad luck you may never start again . This could be the push that Henderson needs to make that step to greatness . We all should hope this happens .

Advertisement
On Dukes first TD, Flowers blocked two guys to spring Duke loose on the edge. He chipped the DE, then pancakes the LB! Beast.

Last edited:
As indicated by Golden, if you perform you play (Duke starting 3rd quarter, Malcolm getting more looks than KT or Scott, Bush & Terry, etc.). Golden is not here to stroke your ego, just win games the right way. If Erick Flowers continues to perform in practice and limits blown assignments/penalties in the game, he will not lose his starting spot. Majority of the big runs came, including Duke's 2 TDs, came from Flowers's side.

Seantrel has a better chance at supplanting Bunche at LT and I think he will if they play him there. Plus, I'd rather have him at LT covering Morris's backside. We'll see just how much the Minnesota Monster wants it this week.

Let's be real and honest with ourselves. Who are we kidding? We all know Henderson is a NFL linemen and a coach would have to be a fool to allow him to rot on the bench*especially*on a team that went 6-6.When ready/Healthy Henderson will play. For our sake let't hope he is ready for the KSU game.

Al Golden is no dummy and understands that you have to take advantage of having talented offensive linemen such as a Henderson and Flowers because you don't receive that to often.Not having both Henderson and Flowers on the field would be tragic and simply unacceptable by Golden and Staff. I think Henderson moves to the LT position and will start by the BC game.Bottom line is they both need to be on the field.

All that talk about Henderson is not mentally tough is BS. Henderson played even when he needed back surgery and is now in excellent condition after losing weight. Miami can win the ACC and make a BCS bowl game. So sitting Henderson who is a NFL caliber Lineman is not an option.

Bunche looked really good yesterday as well. SH is going to have to work his *** off to get his job back.

It is the other way around. Henderson is our best Lineman and the other players will have to work their *** off to keep him off the field. Did you notice again Saturday that when we had to man up and push people off the ball we could not?

Citboy, lifetime ban bet.

I bet you that Henderson will not start the KSU game, notwithstanding an injury to players ahead of him on the depth chart this week. If he does start, I am lifetime banned. If he does not start, you are lifetime banned. Do you accept?

Advertisement

I bet you that Henderson will not start the KSU game, notwithstanding an injury to players ahead of him on the depth chart this week. If he does start, I am lifetime banned. If he does not start, you are lifetime banned. Do you accept?

Henderson is a tremendous athlete and his play on the field has proved that. Henderson was dominant as a freshman and received the same praise that Flowers is receiving. Henderson held a first round draft pick in check as a freshman. Back surgery limited almost all of his sophomore campaign. He played less than 200 snaps

I am not sure why our fans attempt to put one player against another, painting one as the hero and the other as the villain. It makes no sense to me as to why our fans do that. If it was not for those deaths in Henderson's family and the car accident where he received a concussion, Flowers would have never got a shot to start. Flowers came in and held down Henderson's spot while he was out. Not only am I surprised but thrilled that we may have another great linemen in Flowers.

Logically, people like you make no sense. Why would you sit a NFL caliber player that when healthy was dominate? What point are you attempting to prove? But that is how people like you roll. When Flowers shows his youth, you will be the first one to say he sucks.

I want to win now and feel UM can win the ACC and make a BCS bowl. There is no reason why we can't be undefeated going into the Notre Dame game. Henderson can help us achieve that goal. Henderson and Flowers could be the best combo in the NCAA. Why wouldn't you want that to happen?

So, just to be clear, you are ducking the bet? Why not man up, then, and retract your prior comment?

Henderson is a tremendous athlete and his play on the field has proved that. Henderson was dominant as a freshman and received the same praise that Flowers is receiving. Henderson held a first round draft pick in check as a freshman. Back surgery limited almost all of his sophomore campaign. He played less than 200 snaps

I am not sure why our fans attempt to put one player against another, painting one as the hero and the other as the villain. It makes no sense to me as to why our fans do that. If it was not for those deaths in Henderson's family and the car accident where he received a concussion, Flowers would have never got a shot to start. Flowers came in and held down Henderson's spot while he was out. Not only am I surprised but thrilled that we may have another great linemen in Flowers.

Logically, people like you make no sense. Why would you sit a NFL caliber player that when healthy was dominate? What point are you attempting to prove? But that is how people like you roll. When Flowers shows his youth, you will be the first one to say he sucks.

I want to win now and feel UM can win the ACC and make a BCS bowl. There is no reason why we can't be undefeated going into the Notre Dame game. Henderson can help us achieve that goal. Henderson and Flowers could be the best combo in the NCAA. Why wouldn't you want that to happen?
Way to side step the question

Its a simple yes or no

So, just to be clear, you are ducking the bet? Why not man up, then, and retract your prior comment?

No offense, but I come to talk football. All the other extra things you guys can have and I am not interested in discussing "posters". To me that is childish.

I am all for debates and don't mind opposing view points.

Advertisement

So you won't accept the bet?

You made the statement that Ereck Flowers already lost his job. I guarantee you that he hasn't and that Henderson isn't going to start next week. Accept the bet, or admit you were wrong.

You made the statement that Ereck Flowers already lost his job. I guarantee you that he hasn't and that Henderson isn't going to start next week. Accept the bet, or admit you were wrong.

If healthy and ready Henderson is playing. The only question now is the amount of snaps he can manage. I am very confident that our oline can do great things with our youth and upperclassmen. I want Flowers and Henderson to tear up the ACC and put Miami back on the map.

The convo you are trying to have is something I am not interested in.

Flowers graded out a 90 for the BC game. Aint no way you're going to **** up something good and start a Henderson. But all this talk is good because I remember the days when Pipho was the best we had at that position.

I have no horse in this race, but it's simple, I want the best five to play upfront( in their best spots, no Kehoe Shuffle) but I think Golden has an interesting decision to make. I agree with City, here, SH, when 'right' is and can be a force. But that hasn't been the case enough. Remember, SH was not one of his recruits and has come with issues. Flowers, is a Golden guy.

Golden always talks about football being a meritocracy, well, based on his play and fall camp, if he does bench Flowers( which I don't think he'll do), it will look very questionable to everyone in the program. His philosophy is based on earning what you get

Again, maybe during the 'NFL U' days, this program would be more concerned about helping Henderson's aspirations. Golden, though, has made it clear he's about building a collegiate program. If SH had a much longer and bigger track record of success here, I'd give him that concession- but quite frankly he doesn't.

I think Golden stays with his philosophy, that's my gut feel

With that being said, do we see unbalanced sets, where all three big guys( Bunche, Flowers and Hendu) are out on the field at the same time and jumbo sets?

Advertisement

If healthy and ready Henderson is playing. The only question now is the amount of snaps he can manage. I am very confident that our oline can do great things with our youth and upperclassmen. I want Flowers and Henderson to tear up the ACC and put Miami back on the map.

You claimed he was starting for the KSU game. Are you now saying that he won't be? Of course you aren't interested in it; you're a troll.

Dude got called on his prediction and now he's slithering away.

Meanwhile he lectures others for picking flowers over henderson, and then validates his fanhood by claiming he wants to see flowers and henderson play together -- but what then of bunch? Is he less of a fan because he doesnt care if bunch plays?

You claimed he was starting for the KSU game. Are you now saying that he won't be? Of course you aren't interested in it; you're a troll.

I never said he was starting the KSU game. I said he would receive most of the snaps.

Advertisement

I never said he was starting the KSU game. I said he would receive most of the snaps.

Yes you did. You said Flwoers already lost his starting job to Henderson.

The starting gig is Flowers to lose. If he screws up or gets injured, we've got our man in Henderson. Barring that, I can't see any way Golden moves Flowers from his starting job. Why would he? Henderson may be nfl talent but he lost his starting job and Flowers proved he can handle it. Same with any other position. Play the best man, and flowers has given no reason to think he's not that man.

Yes you did. You said Flwoers already lost his starting job to Henderson.

You cut off the rest of what I wrote. It was clear what I said if you include all of what I wrote. You are not dumb and have great reading comprehension skills. So why are you attempting to go back and forth? What do you want?

The starting gig is Flowers to lose. If he screws up or gets injured, we've got our man in Henderson. Barring that, I can't see any way Golden moves Flowers from his starting job. Why would he? Henderson may be nfl talent but he lost his starting job and Flowers proved he can handle it. Same with any other position. Play the best man, and flowers has given no reason to think he's not that man.

If Henderson is NFL talent why as a coach you would not play him if you are trying to win games?

Advertisement
Back