Colin Mobley 3* DT from USC Hits the Portal

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Originally a 3* DT from powerhouse Dematha. Uneventful (to be charitable) USCw career.

Flo said we should be keeping an eye on this recruitment, so given our desperate need for DTs, creating a thread to discuss in case something comes from this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
VERY interesting. Took a look at his twitter page and Addae AND Cristobal are following him. There may be something here after all.

1671760805689.png

Advertisement
Moving over @Rellyrell's feedback from the Transfer Portal thread

Absolute nothing. Can’t call him a bust, though. He was only a 3 star coming from DeMatha Catholic, anyway. But yeah, no one from SC r disappointed he’s leaving & one of my boys legit forgot he was on the team.

Advertisement
15 snaps in two years? yeah i'm not sure he's what this staff is going for
Agreed. This one is a head scratcher. Mario is familiar with him from the PAC-12 though.

Doesn't initially strike me as the type of player you pull from the portal (i.e. someone who either has an immense ceiling, is on the ascendancy, hit by injuries, untapped potential etc.).

Originally a 3* DT from powerhouse Dematha. Uneventful (to be charitable) USCw career.

Flo said we should be keeping an eye on this recruitment, so given our desperate need for DTs, creating a thread to discuss in case something comes from this.

What kind of injuries did he sustain at USC? Only 2 years out of hs, no? Still a baby tbh.

There probably won’t be too many high impact DTs in the portal. Most DTs in the portal are gonna come with some risks. But just because a guy didn’t produce at one place doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t be a good player somewhere else. Not sure if this kid is the answer or not but I do believe that something is better than nothing..

Advertisement
There probably won’t be too many high impact DTs in the portal. Most DTs in the portal are gonna come with some risks. But just because a guy didn’t produce at one place doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t be a good player somewhere else. Not sure if this kid is the answer or not but I do believe that something is better than nothing..

True. Very true.

Counter argument would be him not seeing any snaps whatsoever on a BAD USC defense. A defense that was 119th in the country in yards per play and 107th in rushing yards per attempt. Plainly put, that USC D was awful. So, was he physically not ready to play just yet, after needing some time to put on weight? Was he hurt? Or was he not better than those other guys?

Advertisement

Did not read nor know anything on him other than your thread title.

DT = take

We need bodies to practise at a physical clip right? And spring camp is around the corner.

Advertisement
Back