Chantz is gone ( transferred to Charlotte)

Advertisement
Alot of these kids are holding out for P5 offers and in reality should try to find a G5 school.
Yup the film is out at this level, this ain’t HS anymore huge difference. Bigger jump in speed from HS to D1 then possibly D1 to nfl. Big leap

Advertisement
Very curious to see what the transfer numbers look like for 2023 because at the start of 2022, 33% of players who entered the transfer portal never ended up at a new school, 8% had to walk on at a new school. 41% of transfer portal CFB players never reached a new destination or left the sport entirely.

ESPN and fan sites will always highlight the Cam Ward success stories, but won't peek behind the curtain to see what an absolute ****-show the portal has been. We can talk about the transfer portal bringing about player empowerment for CFB players, but that might realistically be the case of the guys that had that type of agency before this new iteration of CFB.

Very curious to see what the transfer numbers look like for 2023 because at the start of 2022, 33% of players who entered the transfer portal never ended up at a new school, 8% had to walk on at a new school. 41% of transfer portal CFB players never reached a new destination or left the sport entirely.

ESPN and fan sites will always highlight the Cam Ward success stories, but won't peek behind the curtain to see what an absolute ****-show the portal has been. We can talk about the transfer portal bringing about player empowerment for CFB players, but that might realistically be the case of the guys that had that type of agency before this new iteration of CFB.

not very good numbers, but what options did Chantz really have? he was likely pushed out by Mario at which point he could quit football or try to enroll elsewhere, hence the transfer portal.

said differently, not all transfer portal guys enter because they think they can do better elsewhere, but it is a way of moving onto another team after an involuntarily separation.

Last edited:
not very good numbers, but what options did Chantz really have. he was likely pushed out by Mario at which point he could quit football or try to enroll elsewhere, hence the transfer portal.

said differently, not all transfer portal guys enter because they think they can do better elsewhere, but it is a way of moving onto another team after an involuntarily separation.
I agree especially in the case of Chantz.

It's the guys who think the grass is greener elsewhere and end up stuck with nowhere to go instead of staying the course at their initial school.

Advertisement
not very good numbers, but what options did Chantz really have? he was likely pushed out by Mario at which point he could quit football or try to enroll elsewhere, hence the transfer portal.

im pretty sure everyone that ever leaves Miami could find a home at FIU...

im pretty sure everyone that ever leaves Miami could find a home at FIU...
probably true, which leads to another question.

if your premise is right, which i think it is, and assuming Chantz and others are good people just not good enough football players, it is fair to assume they are receiving offers from FIU and equivalent schools. are they reluctant to play at FIU et al. and hence they remain in the portal?

the unknown... I'm sure FIU would love to have any of them, not under an NIL deal, as I don't think FIU has much of a NIL group. So, is it the kids ego, that just can't bring them to commit to a school like FIU? Have they accepted where they are with development and matched it with lower team playing time? I would think any local kid that wants to play in front of family would choose FIU over the western Kentucky's of the world. Was someone like Chantz making any kind of NIL at Miami (even $10k), and can't accept a lower school doesn't even have that to give to them? Maybe I'm wrong and they are sick of the Miami scene, and moving away to a new college small town actually is attractive to them??

probably true, which leads to another question.

if your premise is right, which i think it is, and assuming Chantz and others are good people just not good enough football players, it is fair to assume they are receiving offers from FIU and equivalent schools. are they reluctant to play at FIU et al. and hence they remain in the portal?

I have to believe a guy like Chantz Williams could be playing at a G5 program, even a low end P5 program, if he was willing to go there. Psychologically that's a hard "demotion" to make when you were the Miami starter 2 years ago. Best of luck to him.

Advertisement

A lot of cats still stuck in their HS dominance mindset and cant see that they're JAG at the P5 level.

Delusion has set in.

Chantz pushed out by Mario and NOT McCormick, as well, just rubs me the wrong way. 😑

Advertisement
@Rellyrell not that i think Chantz shouldnt have been pushed out its just that the logic escapes me. So im not buying that he was pushed out because it doesnt add up.

Oh brotha, listen Cam still being on the roster irks my nerves. No way a dude should be allowed to be in their 9th year of CFB. Chantz was overrated when he came out, and I think his personal life is what’s creating this pause (no pun intended) of him being picked up, but the force out theory? Yeah, I agree w/ u. I do believe Chantz moved on b/c he’s on his last yr of eligibility & have hopes of getting film out.

Every kid who plays this game has NFL aspirations, especially when u’re a blue chip. That wasn’t happening here, period.

Oh brotha, listen Cam still being on the roster irks my nerves. No way a dude should be allowed to be in their 9th year of CFB. Chantz was overrated when he came out, and I think his personal life is what’s creating this pause (no pun intended) of him being picked up, but the force out theory? Yeah, I agree w/ u. I do believe Chantz moved on b/c he’s on his last yr of eligibility & have hopes of getting film out.

Every kid who plays this game has NFL aspirations, especially when u’re a blue chip. That wasn’t happening here, period.
I’d bet it’s 80% this, also I’d bet he was not pushed out here .

Advertisement
Back