Canes offer 6'5 325LB Oregon DT Jayson Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wouldn't even say they were confident , the prior relationship with the kid made the believe they had a legit shot. That's why the whole " didn't visit " thing wasnt a concern. Something happened between last weekend and the decision. A high level DL in the portal or HS has a lot of " takers".

Btw with Mario we'll be winning a lot more of those head up battles with the sec for DL. You can bet that.

L Taylor's recruitment will be more of the norm going forward.

We’ll see, my man. I’m still doubtful bc of how strong the sec recruits DTs. Taylor is a sofla kid so I would expect kids like that to come here under Mario. Getting a DT out of SEC country is a different animal.

We’ll see, my man. I’m still doubtful bc of how strong the sec recruits DTs. Taylor is a sofla kid so I would expect kids like that to come here under Mario. Getting a DT out of SEC country is a different animal.

Mario is elite at recruiting , he filled a roster with zero in state talent with mostly 4 and five stars. Now imagine that being in such a talent rich state.

Miami is back to recruiting national on top of the In state talent.

Just watch how he finishes a class with only a couple weeks to work with. The amount of high level kids pushing their date back is crazy in itself. In three years the tranches will look like big boy trenches.

Advertisement
Why do we always claim bags ?
Is that the catch all excuse ?
Maybe he just wanted to go home or maybe he doesn’t like Mario after actually playing for him
Or maybe we just got beat for a player
1. Cause it’s the easy excuse.
2. Nah, sometimes you just get beat for a kid.
3. The kid did just what Mario did. He had a chance to go home, and play in front of family and friends….and he took it. Nothing more, nothing less. He went away from home one time, for what he felt was a better opportunity. He got a second chance to go home, and he did.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3. The kid did just what Mario did. He had a chance to go home, and play in front of family and friends….and he took it. Nothing more, nothing less. He went away from home one time, for what he felt was a better opportunity. He got a second chance to go home, and he did.
Exactly instead of saying bags
Try to find out what the reason was so it won’t happen again
Or sometimes u just take an l
No shame in that
Can’t sign everyone
But we sound like noles when we claim bags every time we lose a big recruit

Exactly instead of saying bags
Try to find out what the reason was so it won’t happen again
Or sometimes u just take an l
No shame in that
Can’t sign everyone
But we sound like noles when we claim bags every time we lose a big recruit
Could always be a combination of things. But don't kid yourself. If Auburn thought they needed to drop some cash to get this kid, they did.

Why yall so mad about people getting it wrong. They get it right too. These are people and young men they are dealing with. Things change, Wilson could have said 100% he is coming, ghen UF drop a NIL bag on him 2 days before. That's how it is with recruiting.

When we recruited Stacey Coley, FSU was certain he was theirs until the end. Yall acting like these man have you lose stock market money. If man makes predictions or tell you what they are hearing, take it with a grain of salt, its that simple. Stuff changes.
Till this day something happened with Coley. Dunno what and I’m glad he picked the canes but his presser was very weird. Coley one of my favorite canes period to

Advertisement
Why do we always claim bags ?
Is that the catch all excuse ?
Maybe he just wanted to go home or maybe he doesn’t like Mario after actually playing for him
Or maybe we just got beat for a player
Going to make what’s probably an obvious statement for some. Everybody in college football right now are cheating like a mother f’er under the guise of NIL. What Texas is doing is blatant and obvious but states with NIL laws are overriding anything the ncaa can throw at them. The schools are protected and with civil recourse. Some schools can compete and some others can’t. Just be a little patient.

Going to make what’s probably an obvious statement for some. Everybody in college football right now are cheating like a mother f’er under the guise of NIL. What Texas is doing is blatant and obvious but states with NIL laws are overriding anything the ncaa can throw at them. The schools are protected and with civil recourse. Some schools can compete and some others can’t. Just be a little patient.
The NIL rules doffer by state as well, Florida's wasn't created very well in that the schools can't help setup the deals at all. The schools can in most states (or at least some states).

Advertisement
Like we don't drop bags like every team does

Mario is elite at recruiting , he filled a roster with zero in state talent with mostly 4 and five stars. Now imagine that being in such a talent rich state.

Miami is back to recruiting national on top of the In state talent.

Just watch how he finishes a class with only a couple weeks to work with. The amount of high level kids pushing their date back is crazy in itself. In three years the tranches will look like big boy trenches.
The thing is Mario at Oregon isn’t a threat to the SEC.

When a kid has Miami in the his final 3/5 Along with SEC schools it’s a different ball game.

There is low pressure at Oregon. Alabama recruits itself.

Mario will have to work harder then he’s ever before on the trail. SEC schools are threatened that we actually have a real coach now. I expect heavy bags to get kids.

WTF can auburn realistically sell? They are second fiddle in their own state. They’ve been just as mediocre as us for a while. They straight up buy kids especially ones we target.

Like I said prior.. this is a new staff and they’ve only had a few weeks, but so far Texas got 3 kids we were after and 2 of them were committed to Mario. And we were after 2 guys that Auburn signed out of the thin air, one being a former player at Oregon.

It will be interesting to how next class goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back