Anthony Campbell, Transfer ULM, DE Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just in case it benefits anyone, out is “outside” the T. Think of a 7 or 9 technique alignment. You’d normally try and run the arc or get into a run lane and set edge from that alignment.

OVT means “Over Tackle” and is lined up as a 5-technique. That means head up on the tackle. That is generally a 3-4 setup, or when you have an edge walked up to the LOS outside your shoulder. This alignment asks you to control the tackle and push the pocket in on the QB. Generally, you’re wanting to keep contain on QB and prevent a tackle from hooking you inside on run.

BGP is “B Gap” and means 3-technique, though it could also be a 4i which is shaded inside of tackle.

AGP is “A Gap” is lined up on center. So either a 1 or 0 technique alignment. This is your NT.

He had zero snaps as a NT, so he isn’t that guy. You could also try and make him into that, but most likely they view him as a 5-technique DE who can use his length when they go 3-4.

Good player to try and get because we really don’t have a utility lineman like this who has the length to play that 5-technique consistently. I do think Chantz Williams can play the 5, but this guy is perfectly suited to give you 300 snaps spread across.
The freshman Collins as well.can play the 5 in a 3-4 front..he already is bigger than expected coming in

Advertisement
Advertisement
On3 said :
Louisiana-Monroe defensive end Anthony Campbell

Despite minimal production at Louisiana-Monroe, the 6-foot-7, 277-pound Campbell has received offers from places such as Penn State, Auburn, TCU, Miami, Ole Miss and Mississippi State, among others.

A former junior college transfer, Campbell played at Louisiana-Monroe the last two seasons. After totaling just 57 snaps on defense in 2021, Campbell had a bigger role as a junior last season. He played in all 12 games for ULM, recording 13 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and a sack.

“That dude has shown it all,” a Power 5 personnel director said. “He’s shown it against good competition. He’s thick. He’s strong. He can move. I think he’s got versatility, too. He can be an interior rusher. I think he can flex outside. … I need to watch more of how he works in the open field. But from what I’ve seen and the quick eval that I did, I think that dude has everything that you’re looking for in terms of a guy who’s going to come in and contribute right away and you can use him in multiple packages and he can play all three downs for you.”

In the Warhawks’ first game of last season, Campbell tallied three tackles and a sack against Texas.

“You’re only going to find 6-6, 300 so many places out there,” another Power 5 personnel director said. “That’s what people are hunting right now. And you watch him play Texas, limited clips, but gets a sack on Hudson Card and just the build. And you hear his story. He’s new to football still. Came to America in ’14. There’s a lot of upside with a kid like that.”

This is a nice lotto ticket player.

~6'6", probably around three bills, enough tape to get an idea that he can actually play...but needs some advanced coaching.

6'6" 300lbs with move skills doesn't grow on trees, hope he comes and develops.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back