2014 Safety: I'd commit if offered

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Champagnat Catholic Safety Michael Johnson (6’2”, 190) is quickly becoming one of the biggest names in South Florida for the 2014 class. Johnson holds three offers from Louisville, UCF, and Nebraska, and was in attendance for Miami’s Junior Day today.

“It was a great experience being out there at Junior Day. I was just happy to be in the sight of Miami.”

Johnson was able to interact some of the Miami coaches.

“I spoke with Coach Cristobal, Coach Williams, and a little bit with Coach Golden. It was a good vibe and they’re all great people.”

The Champagnat star is still waiting on a Canes offer, but is confident that it will come soon.

“They told me they’re not really big on just throwing offers out there like that so I’m just gonna be patient with it because I’m gonna get it sooner or later. If Miami offers me, I’m gonna commit and I’m not going to any other school.”

Johnson likes the fact that Miami has brought in studs at defensive back the over the past two classes.

“I’ll be looking at competition level because I don’t wanna go somewhere that they just give me a spot. I wanna work for and make myself better so I can be NFL-ready.”

[video=youtube;Adlfjfj-Hng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adlfjfj-Hng[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give me 15 guys per year with this attitude over the five star primadonnas all day.

I like this kid but I hope he's not another one of THOSE kids who commits as soon as he gets offered

224.gif

Advertisement
show out at the camp this summer and he'll get the offer he wants... like his attitude but we've all seen and heard the same thing before and then they sign somewhere else.

The Champagnat star is still waiting on a Canes offer, but is confident that it will come soon.

They told me they’re not really big on just throwing offers out there like that so I’m just gonna be patient with it because I’m gonna get it sooner or later. If
Miami offers me, I’m gonna commit and I’m not going to any other school.”

I like that approach but sometimes if there are stud athletes that are serious about coming to Miami then why play around w/ them??? Just offer so they can commit....

i would rather have UM caliber athletes that aint going to play games, then chase around these primadonnas all year just so they can throw yo hat on the ground on NSD.

w/ that said hope he gets an offer.

They told me they’re not really big on just throwing offers out there like that so I’m just gonna be patient with it because I’m gonna get it sooner or later. If

I like that approach but sometimes if there are stud athletes that are serious about coming to Miami then why play around w/ them??? Just offer so they can commit....

i would rather have UM caliber athletes that aint going to play games, then chase around these primadonnas all year just so they can throw yo hat on the ground on NSD.

They're slow-playing him.

Advertisement
Y'all really need to stop crying about early commits. For every one that switches before NSD there's probably 2 or 3 that stick. Stop *****ing already.

“I’ll be looking at competition level because I don’t wanna go somewhere that they just give me a spot. I wanna work for and make myself better so I can be NFL-ready.”

That's the exact attitude I love. If only more recruits felt that way.

Advertisement

Because at the end of the day we can't sign 50+ guys, the staff is probably waiting for their first round of big commits (i.e. the guys who love miami and commit early in April-June) to see how they are position wise, and numbers wise. After they offer. Remember they want to be 100% sure

Advertisement
He gets offered in the summer like man other guys to me just to see where our numbers will be i predict the last camp we have we give out 20 + offers

i wonder if he gets an offer soon with the staff leaking out offers to other players this week

Advertisement
Back