2014 Safety: I'd commit if offered

Have to love this kids great attitude!! He clearly wants to be a cane and he has great size!!

Advertisement
That attitude is so refreshing.

Instead of, "I'm looking for a chance to play early" it's, "I'm looking to compete and earn my spot." **** I love that ****!

Good thing about a big class is it gives you an opportunity to build local momentum by taking a lot of players early. I think that helped kill us last year, its hard to create a buzz when you only offer a handful of locals due to numbers.

Advertisement
Love the attitude. Would like to see how the kid competes and compares in a camp before fully jumping on his bandwagon. Good size and seems to have a nose for the ball. With the wealth of SoFla talent for 2014, I think we should let some of these kids show what they can do when lined up against elite talent at a camp, instead of going solely based off film. There are obvious studs (Lane, Michel, etc.), but at DB I think we can afford to be a little picky.

This kids film looks a lot better than Kiy Hester's (the safety out of NJ that was supposedly offered). He's looks like a ball hawk and cleary isn't afraid to hit someone.

^ i agree with this. Read my mind. Quietly pulling for this guy. Hope he shows out during the spring/summer

Good thing about a big class is it gives you an opportunity to build local momentum by taking a lot of players early. I think that helped kill us last year, its hard to create a buzz when you only offer a handful of locals due to numbers.

Yeah and then you are almost forced into a corner about what you tell kids. You recruit a ton of them but can only take a handful so of course you are going to end up with some butthurt out there from not only players, but the coaches as well.

Advertisement
Isn't his handler (forget his name right now) but isn't he is looking to make money off his kids?

Last edited:
Any body wanna give me a break down on how this guy looks on tape?

Can't watch his highlights right now

The Champagnat star is still waiting on a Canes offer, but is confident that it will come soon.

They told me they’re not really big on just throwing offers out there like that so I’m just gonna be patient with it because I’m gonna get it sooner or later. If
Miami offers me, I’m gonna commit and I’m not going to any other school.”

I like that approach but sometimes if there are stud athletes that are serious about coming to Miami then why play around w/ them??? Just offer so they can commit....

i would rather have UM caliber athletes that aint going to play games, then chase around these primadonnas all year just so they can throw yo hat on the ground on NSD.

w/ that said hope he gets an offer.

They're slow-playing him.

The problem with being to patient, is that when other teams hear that Miami is courting a player, they'll quickly jump in with an offer for a 2014 kid "in 2013" based on youtube film, and will host the kid and family on campus, before Miami moves a finger.

In the mean time, the kid hasn't gotten an offer from Miami, but the other school is all over them, so they start buying gayturd clothes and hats, etc... It's not about kids not liking Miami, it's about what kids now a days consider being shown "the love" from a team.

For the other school, if the 2014 kid is under performing during closer evaluation (2013 friday night lights for example), then they stop talking to the kid way before 2014 even comes around, and the kid moves on...

Miami wanting to do thier due dilligence, offers in 2014. But by the time all that pans out the kid is being interviewed and doing diaries for other teams, etc...

by the time we figure out that the is a true stud, then we're behind. I think the strategy needs to be tweaked a little bit as far as local guys are concerned.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not sure how big a class we can take. Right now including all our commitments we have 83 not including David Thompson and White.
We have 17 players who will be seniors next year.

Seems that at most we can take 19 unless a lot of juniors next year declare.

Not sure how big a class we can take. Right now including all our commitments we have 83 not including David Thompson and White.

Not this **** again.

Advertisement

Not this **** again.

Just stating the obvious.

Advertisement
Back