2023 2023 DE Offer in Georgia - Darron Reed (Will official over Summer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this kid (among others) is the reason that Pahokee DE (Dee'Jay Holmes) isnt getting any traction from us yet. I totally forgot about this kid. There are just too many elite kids at DE on our board right now. The Pahokee kid might have to wait it out a bit.

I think this kid (among others) is the reason that Pahokee DE (Dee'Jay Holmes) isnt getting any traction from us yet. I totally forgot about this kid. There are just too many elite kids at DE on our board right now. The Pahokee kid might have to wait it out a bit.

I think Reed’s future is interior, he is 260 now with a whole 12+ months before his first college game so I don’t think he will be an End on this level. But, I agree with your overall point about us having higher targets at rush end for us to be after Holmes, but that kid is going to be a player for sure.

Advertisement
Didn’t realize he’s committing so soon. Announcing on July 4th.

It's crazy, with the dead period starting at the end of June, it seems like half the world is going on 5 OVs in June and the other half are waiting until after the season. I don't remember so many kids taking so many OVs in June and committing in the summer before.

I think I'll put a crystal ball in for us, of course Ohio St has his last visit so who knows. But if you notice, he has eliminated all the schools in the immediate area, FSU, UGA and Auburn mainly, plus there is no Bama, Tenn or Clemson. The first interview he said his family are cane fans while most people thought it would be FSU since they are so close. More than likely be a athletic DT, or DE in certain sets. Fingers crossed. Getting players from these heavy SEC area need to be something we ramp up on.

It's crazy, with the dead period starting at the end of June, it seems like half the world is going on 5 OVs in June and the other half are waiting until after the season. I don't remember so many kids taking so many OVs in June and committing in the summer before.
Could be a big month for us, July before fall camp. It takes incredible organization to set up these visits and camps. Plant the seeds early like a distance runner on the first lap and let the rest catch up. When it's the season, with game planning and such plus recruits having their own games the recruiting some what ramps down.

I think Reed’s future is interior, he is 260 now with a whole 12+ months before his first college game so I don’t think he will be an End on this level. But, I agree with your overall point about us having higher targets at rush end for us to be after Holmes, but that kid is going to be a player for sure.

I agree all the way...Reed looks like a definite 3 tech

Edge targets look like
Possibly Bain (DE or DT)
Possibly Braynt (LB or DT)
Harbor
Bryant
Acheampong
Jobe
D.Wilson
Wayne
M'Pemba

Haven't heard Renard, Avery, Walker names mentioned in a while...So no idea if we are still recruiting. And yes a couple of kids I've listed are likely long shots.

Would love to see Holmes at least work his way into what SEEMS (just imo) our second tier of
T.Wilson
J.Shelby

Advertisement
From LSU board, apparently a direct quote from Darron:

“It’s down to Ohio State and LSU. I’m going to announce on July 4 sometime between 1-5 pm.”
He received two cb’s from Oh ST writers earlier today after his OV to Oh ST over this 6/24 weekend.

Advertisement

This guy commits the same day as Francis. He just tweeted this. Someone said it was between LSU and Ohio. Ohio has a DL commit. LSU and us don't. He said in one interview his family, his dad is a Miami fan. LSU is really lagging in recruiting, they might pick up. I want this guy because I think he plays inside here.

This guy commits the same day as Francis. He just tweeted this. Someone said it was between LSU and Ohio. Ohio has a DL commit. LSU and us don't. He said in one interview his family, his dad is a Miami fan. LSU is really lagging in recruiting, they might pick up. I want this guy because I think he plays inside here.

This kid is a ******* freak. There might not be 10 kids on our entire board that I would want more than this dude.

Advertisement
Back