2/23/24 Game 6: LIU 4-1 W

Urso has a chance to take the leadoff spot and SS position and he is not getting it done. How long do you stay with him?
You don't - it's not like he's taking us to a title as a missing piece. J D needs to have the guts to do what Jarrett did last year at FSU and develop the young guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t it last year he got off to a bad start and they moved him down to Saturday and he got his mojo back. Let’s see how he looks next Friday against a real team.
Possibly, but he should then be working on his secondary pitches tonight. I haven't seen many. If we can't outscore LIU, we've got way bigger problems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He didn't seem to develop another secondary pitch in the off-season like Palmquist and Walters did. He's not throwing it by good SEC and ACC hitters w nothing but hard stuff.
Yeah and he got rocked by Florida last year and I haven't seen anything to suggest that that will change this year.

Advertisement
Yeah and he got rocked by Florida last year and I haven't seen anything to suggest that that will change this year.
Ya, and the announcer (former player?) just said the same thing I noted half an hour ago - why go away from the straight change?

Ziehl going to be given the Rosario treatment and be our Friday night guy for far too long? He’s a Sunday guy at best

Advertisement
Back