Advertisement
Advertisement

Attachments

• tenor_gif6875876790347512388_668893260543169.gif
    tenor_gif6875876790347512388_668893260543169.gif
    309.4 KB · Views: 0
Desperation I think

Either way, it ain’t good
its a mix of bad recruiting evals and portal evals given who weve lost (in terms of whether we see them useful or not). nevertheless, we all knew gore wasnt a take when he got here.

Advertisement
Are we just making bad transfer evals?
This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom.

The evaluation wasn't the problem as much as the previous bad DT recruiting. Everybody knew Gore was short and limited. He played, which speaks to the need at DT last year.

As we improve the talent at the position, it is easier for someone like Gore to move on to a more suitable program for his physical talents.

Bad portal mindset. Trying to plug holes and focus on HS guys instead of identifying and pursuing true difference makers... until this off season
Correct. Maybe it was getting Zo out of the building, Ward's arrival or the pressure on Mario (or all 3) but outside of Riley - and perhaps he could have been a solid player - I have fewer questions around the players that we've taken this offseason.

Advertisement
Bad portal mindset. Trying to plug holes and focus on HS guys instead of identifying and pursuing true difference makers... until this off season

Yep I think they’ve realized you need to hit all three recruiting periods as hard as you can. It’s the only way now. Focusing on one or the other isn’t going to cut it.

Advertisement
Back