Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement

I had Ponds as a sleeper coming out. Size was really the only issue:

IMG_1111.jpeg

Advertisement
Samson will be our starting RT next year , Maui will be at LG
I don't think there's any shot that Mauigoa is ever going to play LG here.

IOL is becoming more and more important but it is not a premier position. OT is.

I don't see Mauigoa playing two years at Tackle and then being convinced to switch to Guard during a money year for the NFL draft.

How when the portal closed 5/1 and midnight lol da ***
Compliance departments take up to 48 hours to process paperwork. It closed Tuesday at midnight, and that’s why some names have trickled in since then. Sometimes they purposefully hold it the full 48 so coaches can try to convince said player to withdraw.

Tonight at midnight should be when we hear about undergrads, and tomorrow midnight for grads.

You cant ask McCoy to sit another year and wait for Rivers to go and MAYBE Cooper. (Cooper could opt to stay another year)..so then even in 2025 hes fighting Samson for that OT spot and then if he loses hes fighting Kinsler for the vacant OG spot that Samson left behind.. The only way is if Cooper and Rivers leave. But thats a gamble. Many on here think the world of McCoys potential so if thats holds true..then it might be best for him to go.

I like Damari Brown but like one poster said, im tired of the games. Either your in or out, kid. We not doing this every offseason with him. His brother stinks. All there is to it. We gave that guy every chance to get PT and he was not good. He was called for a holding penalty every time he got in the game. He cant get mad at us for that.

If its Samson, that would hurt as well. But maybe he isnt really feeling the OG role.

Interesting. We've lost 8/15 from the 2022 class so in the same ball park. Obviously hard to compare because it's our transition class and a lot didn't commit to Mario at first, they were just kept around. But for comparison:

The guys remaining from our 2022 class were our 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 8, and 7 highest rated kids in the class. The bottom of the class aside from Colbie Young who was unrated. Lost 1-6, 8, and 15th ranked kids in our class. Kept 3 composite 4 stars and 4 composite 3 stars. We kept a mediocre starter at LB, rotational WR, 2 rotational S, starting RG, rotational OL, and a rotational DT. 2 starters and 5 reserves. Doubtful any of them are day 1 picks. Cooper probably day 2 and the rest late round/UDFA

Meanwhile Georgia (30 commits in 2022 per On3) kept around their 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 16, 20, 23, 26, 27, 28, and 30th ranked guys. 1-21 were all composite 4 stars or higher. This class contains 3 of their 5 starters at DB, star defensive player at OLB, a couple rotational guys on the DL, starting LT, starting TE, 1 starting WR and some rotational WRs, backup RB. and backup QB. 7 starters and 9 reserves. 3-4 potential 1st round picks.
well done analysis.
Frank Matano Reaction GIF by Italia's Got Talent

Advertisement
I’m thinking you’re right.

That’s why they’re really shaking the tree hard for a LG.

I’d let Kinsler and Okunlola fight it out.
What's all the hype with Mccoy anyways. And you right I would let Samson & Kinsler battle it out for that LG spot

Compliance departments take up to 48 hours to process paperwork. It closed Tuesday at midnight, and that’s why some names have trickled in since then. Sometimes they purposefully hold it the full 48 so coaches can try to convince said player to withdraw.

Tonight at midnight should be when we hear about undergrads, and tomorrow midnight for grads.
Ok About time then after midnight we don't have to worry about this **** anymore

Advertisement
Advertisement

I wonder when the 48 hour clock begins to run? Like yes I get it midnight has to be the deadline because of the 48 hour window and the fact the portal closed Tuesday/Wednesday but if you put in the paperwork to start the transfer at 9 am does that trigger the 48 hour compliance? Or is it just a full two days regardless of when you get the paperwork?

Basically I doubt many people put in the paperwork at 11:59 pm on Tuesday so if it is from the time the process is initiated we should hear something by roughly close of business. But if it is 11:59 AND we are trying to convince said player to stay I can see Mario being at said player's house at 11:58 lol

… losing Damari would be one of the lesser concerning portal losses imo. Sure he is talented and has a bunch of potential and our cb recruiting has been ***… but have yall seen the CBs in the portal? We could grab an additional 2 with 1-2yrs of eligibility and probably be better off today and just fine for next season too. And I expect our DB recruiting from HA this year to be pretty good-great

In order of likelihood:

1. Samson
2. McCoy
3. Damari
4. A Washington Brother (cheating…I know)
5. Horton
I highly doubt it’s Samson not saying I’m an insider but I know some people who know Samson and the only school he would bolt from Miami for was Michigan state. and that was mainly because of Mel Tucker who’s obviously gone now and probably won’t be a head coach for a long time. He is also getting a hefty NIL deal from Miami that he wouldn’t probably get elsewhere based off his current production.

You cant ask McCoy to sit another year and wait for Rivers to go and MAYBE Cooper. (Cooper could opt to stay another year)..so then even in 2025 hes fighting Samson for that OT spot and then if he loses hes fighting Kinsler for the vacant OG spot that Samson left behind.. The only way is if Cooper and Rivers leave. But thats a gamble. Many on here think the world of McCoys potential so if thats holds true..then it might be best for him to go.

I like Damari Brown but like one poster said, im tired of the games. Either your in or out, kid. We not doing this every offseason with him. His brother stinks. All there is to it. We gave that guy every chance to get PT and he was not good. He was called for a holding penalty every time he got in the game. He cant get mad at us for that.

If its Samson, that would hurt as well. But maybe he isnt really feeling the OG role.
McCoy isn’t that good tho so what complaints should he have?

Advertisement
Back