Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement

Interesting. We've lost 8/15 from the 2022 class so in the same ball park. Obviously hard to compare because it's our transition class and a lot didn't commit to Mario at first, they were just kept around. But for comparison:

The guys remaining from our 2022 class were our 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 8, and 7 highest rated kids in the class. The bottom of the class aside from Colbie Young who was unrated. Lost 1-6, 8, and 15th ranked kids in our class. Kept 3 composite 4 stars and 4 composite 3 stars. We kept a mediocre starter at LB, rotational WR, 2 rotational S, starting RG, rotational OL, and a rotational DT. 2 starters and 5 reserves. Doubtful any of them are day 1 picks. Cooper probably day 2 and the rest late round/UDFA

Meanwhile Georgia (30 commits in 2022 per On3) kept around their 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 16, 20, 23, 26, 27, 28, and 30th ranked guys. 1-21 were all composite 4 stars or higher. This class contains 3 of their 5 starters at DB, star defensive player at OLB, a couple rotational guys on the DL, starting LT, starting TE, 1 starting WR and some rotational WRs, backup RB. and backup QB. 7 starters and 9 reserves. 3-4 potential 1st round picks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rumor is one of them is going to hurt and they're trying to keep him. Compliance holding paperwork for the full 48 hours

Not sure who it actually is or if it's even true but I have a few guesses.

Samson
McCoy
Damari

I think those would all hurt in some capacity and would revolve around playing time, but not necessarily irreplaceable.

Maybe a WR got ticked off Brown came in. All speculation mostly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think it’s him he’s battling for LG and if not he’s first off the bench
Nah... it very well could be. Maybe McCoy beat him. I believe in the Gore thread Cribby said he would feel a lot better if they had a LG in the portal. Then stated Samson was just not ready yet and needed time. then GoCanes said a comment about if people only knew what was going on with Samson and when someone asked what it was he said if and when Samson transfers he will spill but as of now he is still on the roster, now Gaby saying more portal entries over the next 2 days and rumors swirling it will hurt. Based on his NIL figure and if he is not doing things the right way this could very well be true.

Rumor is one of them is going to hurt and they're trying to keep him. Compliance holding paperwork for the full 48 hours

Not sure who it actually is or if it's even true but I have a few guesses.
Gut is telling me either Samson, Kinsler or Ray Ray.

Advertisement
Back